Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Swimming goggles recommendations
  • gnusmas

Looking for some swimming goggles. Not sure what else to say really. What do you recommend?

Pretty sure there was a thread on here within the last few months but can’t find it. Searched for it on Google but shows threads from 4,6 and 7 years ago.

iainc

Like helmets, fit is everything, so best try a few from different manufacturers. I use Speedo speedsockets, my boys same, but wife fits better with zoggs.

a11y

For actual swimming lengths etc, I like these: https://www.decathlon.co.uk/swedish-goggles-red-mirror-id_8547673.html. They’r the closest I can get to the original ‘Godfrey’ goggles I used when I was in a swimming club in my youth.

Cheaper version here although not as comfy lacking the soft bit around the eye socket: https://www.amazon.co.uk/Malmsten-Unisex-Swedish-Goggles-Standard/dp/B00B1PIJN8/ref=asc_df_B00B1PIJN8/

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    MaryHinge
    Free Member

Fit is everything.

I tried loads of brands/models and settled on Aquasphere Kayenne. I have 2 or 3 pairs on the go and have lent them to friends when they have forgotten or are having problems with theirs, and they have all got on well with them.

Normally about 15 quid from Wiggle.

cb200
    Free Member

I Couldn’t get on with Speedos for fit, so got some Swedish style goggles, Socket Rockets. Micro adjustable so a great fit

My only universal issue is fogging, even with anti fog goggles after several swims

geomickb
    Free Member

Yeah, used to use Aquasphere Kayenne and will probably go back to them.

I agree with earlier posts, fit is really important.

Lomo ones are worth a look at.

I currently have Zoggs Predator and I don’t like them because they don’t seem to fit me well.

Mick

Malvern Rider
    Free Member

Tried a few over the years with poor success, Zoggs, Decathlon, etc uncomfortable, having to over-tighten to get a seal, etc. Finally happy with Aqua Sphere Seal 2.0. More of a diving-goggle shape, and the seal is excellent and much more comfortable. No fogging issues whatsoever. I use them most for indoor-pool lengths and also open water/snorkelling. About £18 online.

DezB
    Free Member

When I started sea swimming I grabbed a load of stuff from Decathlon. The goggles were superb. comfortable and even in the roughest sea they didn’t let water in.

Google but shows threads from 4,6 and 7 years ago

Yeah, it’s all different sizes and E-goggles since then 😉

DezB
    Free Member

Here’s the other thread btw

Swimming goggle recommendations (sorry)

timb34
    Free Member

I think you need to be lucky and have the right facial structure to make most of the smaller goggles work for you. The mask-type ones are an easier bet, and really good for visibility if you’re planning on doing any open-water swimming.

However, the smaller ones seem to make pool swimming a bit easier – I have atrocious breathing/head-turning technique and I can feel the water and get my head position better with the in-socket ones.
    I actually ended up getting a pair of custom-printed ones from themagic5 (with a discount code they were about the same price as top-end googles from other brands). The fit is better than any other small goggles I’ve tried.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Swimming goggles recommendations’ is closed to new replies.