Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Swimming and water in my ears
  • Pigface
    Free Member

Aaaaaarrrggghhh started swimming 3 or 4 times a week in the morning before work, how do you get the water out of your ears, everything is a bit muffled sounding now. Pardon, what! etc etc

Do ear plugs work, never did when surfing.

ton

ear plugs, or better still a swim man if still available.

Onzadog
    Free Member

Wife bought me some drops, swim seal I think they’re called. Don’t solve it but they do help.

I find adding more water then tipping the head helps.

Legoman
    Free Member

I used to get this really badly – I’d go almost deaf sometimes and it would last for several days.
    Eventually went to docs and had my ears syringed. Hasn’t stopped it all together but reduced it to more ‘normal’ levels.

convert

It’s a lovely feeling when it does come trickling out though isn’t it! Plugs or drops should sort it.

piemonster

News to me, never knew this happened.

Pigface
    Free Member

Thanks fellow STW’ers I get gunky ears a lot naturally so will get some drops.

ebygomm
    Free Member

Adding more water works for me

iolo
    Free Member

Put your fingers in your ears while you swim. Problem solved.

samuri
    Free Member

I only get this when I go diving. Olive oil and a gentle wiggle with an earbud usually breaks the seal on the water. I spent half of one holiday almost completely deaf. Which in one way was quite nice. I certainly wasn’t expected to become involved in any conversations with strangers.

convert

I’ve got masssive sinuses too. When I’ve been swimming in really rough open water or had a huge stack windsurfing then afterwards lean over to kiss my wife, even hours afterwards, I regularly deposit a couple of egg cup fulls of water on her that comes shooting out of my nose. I’m told it’s particularly attractive!

willchaynes
    Free Member

I used to get that a lot when I was younger, be careful when trying to get rid of the water as you can make things worse! I ended up with a nasty infection from it. I used to use some moldable, putty like ear plugs that were great for keeping the water out, and that helped loads.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘Swimming and water in my ears’ is closed to new replies.