Viewing 9 posts - 41 through 49 (of 49 total)
  • Swim Wetsuits
  • apedoctor
    Free Member

@stainypants “I don’t think I’ll buy Huub again when I come to get a new suit.”

Huub are rubbish, they’re products are just rebranded off the shelf stuff with a massive price hike on. Huub basically paid the brownlees loads of money to rep the brand to get exposure, with custom suits for them. Then they made much less quality suits and sold them to the masses. Example, goggles. Exactly the same goggle from exactly the same factory.

Huub, £45 RRP :
    https://www.wiggle.co.uk/huub-aphotic-photochromic-goggles-1

dhb, £12 (although i think they used to be £20 :
    https://www.wiggle.co.uk/dhb-turbo-tinted-lens-goggle

@mogrim
    “I do get a bit of envy when I see mates with the latest 500GBP wetsuit”
    Don’t be too envious, Those suits offer very little real world benefits over mid range suits and they damage far easier, unless you are technically a much better swimmer, due to the reduced buoyancy from the thinner neoprene.

desperatebicycle

Exactly the same goggle

Apart from the differences, of course.
    Strange, I bet no-one on STW has ever bought a more expensive item just because of the branding…

Spud

I’ve an Orca and a Huub suit, the Huub is more delicate I think, but then both have nail marks from over enthusiastic fitting by me. The Huub is also more fleixble and a better fit.
    I would like to know which are the suits that Huub have their brand put on though, perhaps they’re cheaper? Amazing how many of these comments are not backed up with the evidence though, two different goggles at different prices doesn’t demonstrate the claim about their suits does it..

Stainypants

@apedoctor I’ve didn’t paid anywhere near RRP for either the huub suits, otherwise I’d be really miffed. I’m happy for what I did pay but I’ll still look somewhere else in the future.

apedoctor
    Free Member

@spud

Sorry didn’t realise hard evidence was required in the court of STW. I can’t remember the specifics now (was a few years ago), but I’ve been to the factories where they’re produced and seen them.

Take it or leave it, I don’t mind.

john_l
    Free Member

Ordered the small Terrapin from Alpkit, based on my size. Fits beautifully in the legs and torso, but no way I can pull the zip up over my shoulders!

Shame, as I think once it’s done up it’ll be a nice fit, but no good if I can’t zip it up without assistance.

convert

Shame, as I think once it’s done up it’ll be a nice fit, but no good if I can’t zip it up without assistance.

Some (a lot) of swim wetsuits can’t be zipped up easily without assistance. In the past I’ve added extra to the leash to make it possible when solo. But at events/swim sessions its pretty standard for everyone to be asking someone else to do it up for you.

john_l
    Free Member

Makes sense, although I don’t want to have to rely on other people.

Viewing 9 posts - 41 through 49 (of 49 total)

The topic ‘Swim Wetsuits’ is closed to new replies.