Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Sweet Protection MTB Lids
  • chrisdw
    Free Member

Sweet Protection, known for their kayaking and skiing helmets now have a MTB range!

Take a look

soma_rich
    Free Member

£300 for the fixer?? Why?

wwaswas

Is there a discount for starting a thread about them? 😉

http://singletrackworld.com/forum/topic/new-brand-on-the-block

chrisdw
    Free Member

As with anything from Sweet, they seem to charge ridiculous monies! Not to mention they look just a tad fugly.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

soma_rich – Member
    £300 for the fixer?? Why?

Apparently because…

With the Fixer, you finally have a helmet that goes well together with your 4000 dollar full suspension bike

Looks awful, to be honest. Their ski helmets are superb, if rather ugly. From a protective level, though, they’re utterly brilliant!

chrisdw
    Free Member

Didnt realise there was already a thread! Sorry! 🙂

legend
    Free Member

So, Sweet goods are starting to land 8)

IMAG0329 by mark_penman, on Flickr

rickmeister

Saw them at the AirMaiden event at GT last week.. looked great with superb finish an attention to detail…

The main marketing pitch of “Modern bikes with 5 -6 inch suspension are able to carry greater speeds and the energy of collisions now is beyond the polystyrene type of construction” and tbh, I can see their point..

As for price, I paid £400+ for a motorcycle lid based on I only have one head and I want to look after it… though I agree cash spent does not always guarantee the best products…

legend
    Free Member

Yeah I was in and around the stand all weekend. The helmet is properly light, will need to stick it on the scales to see how it compares to my old THE carbon – feels like a significant difference though.

The fit and finish is top notch. Overall it certainly seems higher quality than the aforementioned THE and my other half’s TLD D2.

The only thing is that there’s no way I could possibly allow myself to attach a helmet cam to it….. think I’ll keep the old lid kicking around for that

fairhurst
    Free Member

far tooo much money for me!
    i shall stick with my MET

rumbledethumps
    Free Member

Mugs.

legend
    Free Member

rumbledethumps – Member
    Mugs.

Nope don’t do them.

jonba
    Free Member

I’m aware of this company through my paddling activities. They always seemed to be a bit expensive but then people would buy them based on their “safety/protection performance”

Is there actually any proof they are better than other helmets. The only thing I can see is the usual CE en 1078 testing standard (for the Fixer?)

legend
    Free Member

Is there actually any proof they are better than other helmets

I don’t think there’s any independent proof that any helmet is better than another – you’ve really just got to listen to what the manufacturers have to say and make up your own mind. Sweet’s argument is that normal testing just involves dropping a helmet from a height, whereas the vast majority of real-life impacts come from an angle so they’ve designed for that

bikeytom
    Free Member

They can be as expensive and good looking as they like to me, unless they make the XL size a “proper” XL that goes up to 62″ they will be put in the same category as Urges slightly less expensive and lovely looking helmet which my gf owns and flaunts at me regularly!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

The topic ‘Sweet Protection MTB Lids’ is closed to new replies.