Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Sweet protection knee pads
  • Rockape
    Free Member

Hi
    Thinking of getting some knee pads not had any before. Is anybody using the sweet protection knee pads? What are they like?

Rockape
    Free Member

Thanks Jam bo.
    I’ve seen them on there. I have sent them an email on how to work out sizing but had no reply as yet cheers. Was looking for anyone’s thoughts on fit etc 🙂

chiefgrooveguru

I finally found some knee pads that fit – ordered six pairs that I thought should fit right from an online shop with free returns, five pairs felt weird, one pair didn’t. Spent quite a while wearing those indoors before taking the labels off. Even worse than buying shoes! Fox Launch Pro – they make ergonomic sense, being heavily preshaped for bent legs, but they won’t fit everyone.

pymwymis
    Free Member

+1 for Fox Launch Pro

Rockape
    Free Member

Thanks for the input chiefgrooveguru and pymwymis I’ll have a look 🙂

matt1986
    Free Member

http://m.evanscycles.com/products/race-face/ambush-knee-d30-guard-ec050418

I’ve got pretty big legs and these fit a treat and are so comfortable you forget your wearing them. The D30 is top stuff ad the fact you don’t have to take your shoe off to put them on is a bonus as well.

northshoreniall

Funnily enough been looking for pads today also for an upcoming skills day 🙂

Matt how do the Race Face ones size up? looking at chart should medium/ large – undecided which to order as generally find need larger sizes, liking idea of non plastic cup pads for comfort.
    Cheers,
    Niall

matt1986
    Free Member

I’ve always struggled getting knee pads because of years playing rugby at a decent level as a prop I have very big quads and calfs. I can’t fit in any 661 or fox xl but the xxl race face fits like a glove. Always best to try on but the D30 is really good it makes them so comfortable to pedal yet ov had a couple of offs with them on and they have protected me every time and never moved.

Hope this helps mate.

northshoreniall

Well picked up some XL Race Face this evening from Evans – Quidco extra 10% off and £2.85 cashback – bargain tastic.

Around the house trial – works good, try them out properly Friday.
    Typically Sweet sent me a size chart after ordered these.

Cheers for advice. D30 does seem comfy, def better than plastic cup type.

kayak23

Anyone tried the Sweet Protection pads yet?

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Tried Sweet, didn’t fit. Bought Race Face Ambush instead.

very comfy, easy on/off with the open back (no need to take your shoes off!) and from my testing of their impact resistance at BPW at the weekend, very good protection! 🙂

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘Sweet protection knee pads’ is closed to new replies.