• This topic has 9 replies, 8 voices, and was last updated 1 year ago by ehrob.
Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Sweet Protection Arbitrator MIPS Helmet Review
  • justinbieber

The Sweet Protection Arbitrator MIPS helmets is the Norwegian brand’s foray into the increasingly popular convertible helmet market.

By justinbieber

Get the full story here:

Sweet Protection Arbitrator MIPS Helmet Review

bikesandboots

Is this actually intended to be used in both modes on one ride? The additional steps compared to competitors seem quite a faff – take off goggles/glasses, unbuckle, take off helmet, tuck away straps, put helmet back on, buckle up.

justinbieber

@bikesandboots – yup, very much so. Compared to competitors, the steps required to switch between modes is a fair bit of faff, and that’s before you add in the bulk of the chin bar.

sargey2003

Have we reached peak peak?

hightensionline

So it’s the same concept as the Giro Switchblade from 1998, with the same issues but a bit more protection.
    Plus ça change…

I made the mistake of buying one on a whim, got injured before use, returning it slipped my mind (off my bonce on opiates) now stuck with a pig of a helmet that is an utter faff to convert. Currently an ornament on my shelf.

Why the double strap? Bonkers.

barney
    Free Member

@relapsed_mandalorian – This is the way.

sorry.

@barney

This is the way.

mashr

I really like Sweet helmets. I’ve owned a Fixer FF, Bushwhacker, Dissenter and now a Trail Blazer. Wouldn’t even look at this one, looks like it was designed by committee or something

ehrob

I’ve had one for a year and like it, though it is a faff compared to some of its competitors.

They’re all a compromise these convertibles – as far as I can see this one compromises less on protection in full face mode than others. It feels the closest to a proper full face helmet of the convertibles I’ve tried. However, it compromises more on convertibility and the open face mode. Though I don’t seem to have the same fit issues as the reviewer.

I like it for enduro racing. But don’t tend to bother with it otherwise.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.