Sweet – Devine – Sugar Crush!!!

Home Forum Chat Forum Sweet – Devine – Sugar Crush!!!

Viewing 22 posts - 1 through 22 (of 22 total)
  • Sweet – Devine – Sugar Crush!!!
  • Premier Icon Stoner
    Subscriber
    jekkyl

it’s ok stoner, if you knew what I was talking about you’d know what I was talking about!

It’s been shortening my train commutes for the last few weeks – stuck on 102 now.

Think I might go back to reading – much better for the brain!

Premier Icon Cougar
    Subscriber

I may be wrong, but believe the esteemed gentleman is referring to “Candy Crush”, the game all the cool twelve-year olds are talking about.

Pigface

I wont pay for it so am stuck doing the third of the tasks to get past level 36, impossible is an apt description. Is playing Candy Crush as bad for your brain as Eastenders, Holyoaks etc etc.

Do people really pay loads of cash for lives and powerups?

Woohoo am I cool now 😉

jekkyl

my mums addicted to it on her ipad, talking to her about it:
    ‘you never pay for those extra moves do you mum’
    ‘well er sometimes’
    ‘aggghhhh MUM!’

Cougar – Moderator
    I may be wrong, but believe the esteemed gentleman is referring to “Candy Crush”, the game all the cool twelve-year olds people are talking about

ahhh so you play it as well Cougar? 😉

jekkyl

Love it and it’s very addictive but I just wish they wouldn’t make the levels so hard, stuck at level 30 and it’s at the point where I’m gonna go ‘***k it, too hard and cba’ uninstall.

Mrs Toast

I may be wrong, but believe the esteemed gentleman is referring to “Candy Crush”, the game all the cool twelve-year olds are talking about.

Actually, 60% of the players are women aged 25 – 55, only around 10% of the total player base is under 18.

Remember, over 15 million daily players can’t be wrong!

Do people really pay loads of cash for lives and powerups?

Around 75% – 85% of players don’t pay a penny. The ones who do pay though normally pay fairly regularly. King (the devs) are making enough money from IAP that they’ve been able to completely abandon in-app advertising (where you used to be able to watch an advert to get another life, or an advert would come on in between levels).

I’m on level 180, and you do notice that there are distinct spikes in the difficulty on some levels to drive in-app purchases. It’ll drop back down again, then spike again – sometimes you just have to be really stubborn, as it’s so luck based.

jekkyl

what happens when you combine two spotty ones?

loum

Actually, 60% of the players are women aged 25 – 55, only around 10% of the total player base is under 18.

Remember, over 15 million daily players can’t be wrong!

Sound’s like a 30-year-old quote about smoking.

Is playing Candy Crush as bad for your brain as Eastenders, Holyoaks etc etc.

They call it “multi-tasking”. 😉

Premier Icon Cougar
    Subscriber

so you play it as well Cougar?

In fairness, I don’t know anything about it other than a) it’s popular and b) it looks a like a My Little Pony version of Bejewelled. Is it like Bejewelled, or is it Something Else?

Mrs Toast

Is it like Bejewelled, or is it Something Else?

Very like Bejewelled (the match 3 element and special candies made by matching 4 or 5 are nearly identical), but with additional mechanics, which are a) challenging mechanics to add variety and make the game more difficult, and b) powerups and boosters, designed to bypass the obstacles and blockers.

Unlike the free to play version of Bejewelled (Bejewelled Blitz), you can’t buy the power ups or boosters by grinding currency through gameplay, you have to pay for them with cold hard cash. They’re also comparatively expensive compared to Bejewelled Blitz – if you buy 3 boosters (powerups that you can use in three consecutive rounds) in BB, it’s about 25p at the most expensive rate. In Candy Crush, the cheapest you’ll pay is around the £4/£5 mark.

Sounds like a 30-year-old quote about smoking.

There’s talk about legislating F2P games – a lot of people compare it to gambling. The games are deliberately designed to push in-app purchases, and the players that do monetise end up spending more money on something like Candy Crush than a console gamer would on a full price title.

hallz

The missus has been stuck on level 65 for ages now. She’s getting a bit fed up but tbh it keeps her busy for hours, so im happy! 😀

I wont pay for it so am stuck doing the third of the tasks to get past level 36

Apparently you just need to put the ipad / phone date back a little to get more free lives so you can continue to play for free as long as you want to!

I am up at 140 and it’s doing my nut in but still love it.

what happens when you combine two spotty ones?

It creates a multi-laser thingumy that wipes 2/3 of the candy.

jekkyl

“Clear all the jelly!”
    yeah that’s what I said afterwards f’nar f’nar!

Premier Icon nuke
    Subscriber

Level 147 for me …and I’ve been stuck on it for a loooong time 🙁

Only game I bother playing on my smartphone these days

Premier Icon unklehomered
    Subscriber

Oh god what have you done to me… I’d only just broken my Tetris Blitz habit… Damn your eyes!

Premier Icon transporter13
    Subscriber

I am also addicted to sugar bloody crush and Tetris bloody blitz!!!

Grrrrrrrrrr

Level 97 for 2 weeks and I’m ready delete it now

Premier Icon FuzzyWuzzy
    Subscriber

Still can’t beat Bejewelled in butterfly mode for longevity, Lazors is good to and doable without paying for hints (it did involved lots of swearing though).

Premier Icon unklehomered
    Subscriber

lazors you say???

Premier Icon annebr
    Subscriber

I deleted the app once I got to a level where I had to spam my facebook friends to go to the next level.

Viewing 22 posts - 1 through 22 (of 22 total)

The topic ‘Sweet – Devine – Sugar Crush!!!’ is closed to new replies.