Search the forum using the power of Google

Viewing 15 posts - 121 through 135 (of 135 total)
  • Sweet Baby Jesus – what the **** is the matter with people!
  • montgomery

Oh, I know, been that way many times and never seen it in the state it was Monday. I lived near a similar ‘water feature’ in Wales, so I know how it goes in hot weather. Even so – this is the generation that’s going to save the planet, right? We’re ****. If I was a doctor I’d be looking at ways of surreptitiously feeding contraceptives to these ****.

jimfrandisco
    Free Member

Not sure how it went from fires to Corsas, but all these threads about everything going to hell have a common theme.
    I think a certain % have always been scum, that’s probably a constant, but the increase in anti-social behavour is probably directly proportional to the decreasing chance of getting caught and held to account due to cutbacks everywhere.
    Not just police, but be interested to see stats on reported behaviour vs police numbers.

montgomery

Not just that. They’re more mobile, and social media gives them more pointers as to where to go to export their attitudes. There is no culture of shame attached to antisocial behaviour and, if you object to what you consider to be antisocial, you risk getting assaulted or abused with little protection from the authorities, which I guess ties in with your point about cutbacks.

I know what conclusions I’m coming to, but I’m not posting them up on a public forum!

CountZero

And it’s still happening!

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-dorset-62594894

Northwind

I wonder how far it really is “people today” and how far it’s “the entire country is really bloody dry”. I mean, we’ve just had a couple of pretty wet days here but through a mix of running off and soaking away things are almost back to dry again. Everything’s got that slightly french dessicated feeling… So behaviour that we got away with in wetter years, will have much more consequence. And it’s really the consequence we notice

I’m right now completely surprised that it’s raining. It’s been so dry that it just didn’t occur to me that rain is a thing that happens in scotland.

CountZero

I wonder how far it really is “people today” and how far it’s “the entire country is really bloody dry”.

I’m not really sure, but I think there might be an element of “the last couple of years have been really shit, so I’m going to get out and have a picnic with a barbecue, come he’ll or high water!”

p7eaven
    Free Member

“Come hell or high water”

Yes and it’s a modern irony that global warming is (increasingly) causing extreme weather events such as fires and floods.

“Hold on, weren’t the global elite marxist lizardrat medias ‘informing’ us that the planet was supposed to be on fire??? You watch – there will be ‘flood’ warnings next week! 🐑🐑🐑🐑🐑 better make your minds up – because until then I don’t believe a word of it. Don’t read the news or go on social media and it will all go away🐑🐑🐑🐑🐑”. /satire

K

There was a fresh disposable bbq scorch mark up on the hill behind us yesterday and a field on fire the day before not too far away. There are signs on every access path/track telling people not to BBQ, but they still do.

nostrils
    Free Member

Mackerel have been shoaling the past couple of days, cue hundreds of people catching more mackerel than they/their friends/family are going to be able to eat. Appreciate some may freeze it and use it as bait but seems a bit excessive to me.

kayak23

Not just disposable bbqs.
    Local park to me this morning.

Stuff is too cheap. People are too idiot.

RustyNissanPrairie

Harold thinks there might be some sausages inside it still!

kayak23

🤣

dudeofdoom

Ahh seems the ideal candidate for number plates and a barbecuing licence 🙂

didnthurt

Another ‘people are selfish c@@@s!’ story.

They’re a minority but get all the headlines. And should be named and shamed on their social media accounts as well a sign out outside their house. I’d even lock them up for 24 hours just to shock and embarrass them.

didnthurt

Harold the dog. 😂

Viewing 15 posts - 121 through 135 (of 135 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Search the forum using the power of Google

Thanks for popping by - why not stay a while?IT'S FREE

Sign up as a Singletrack Member and you can leave comments on stories, use the classified ads, and post in our forums, do quizzes and more.

Join us, join in, it’s free, and fun.