Viewing 14 posts - 41 through 54 (of 54 total)
  • Sweaty Head Syndrome
  • neninja
    Free Member
    Smuzzy
    Free Member

+1 for Sweatsucker, works a treat

KINGTUT
    Free Member

The zen is a horrible sweat box of a helmet, a bucket has better venting.

Buy a decent helmet.

jordie
    Free Member

+1 for the Gutr i bought one in the states 2 years ago and i would recommend them

lovewookie

still using the sweat gutr, it's great, channels sweat down the side of yuor face, or more accurately for me, into your helmet straps.
    Wouldn't mind using that sweat band thingy above, looks a bit bulky under helmet, does it compress ok? I've had a few sweatbands that i couldn't use well with helmets as i'm in between sizes with a 56cm head.

jakeyc
    Free Member

Amen to Sweat GUTR!

jakeyc
    Free Member

kingtut: Nothing wrong with my Xen, it has plenty ventilation. And it works great with a sweat gutr.

simonjf63
    Free Member

I love the fact that the Gutr website has testimonials from a swimmer and a kayaker.

bassspine
    Free Member

I want a Fremen Stillsuit… sadly not on amazon or the bay yet.

theotherjonv

Get a cheap buff-alike (Oxford brand from motorcycle shops for example)

http://www.oxford-shop.co.uk/item3293.htm

Keep two for proper buff usage and cut the other into 2" thick strips to use as headbands – you'll get 6-8 out of a standard size buff. They soak up tons and prevent drips, simple enough to carry a couple spare if you have a stop, no-one likes putting a sweaty headband back on after all. If you cut at less than about 2" they tend to roll in on themselves which then makes them less comfy.

jakeyc
    Free Member

bassspine: forget the stillsuit, how about some spice to blue up my eyes!

jakeyc
    Free Member

Sweat GUTR is still going strong!

jakeyc
    Free Member

simon: Well I believe swimmers and kayakers also train by not just swimming or kayaking… e.g. running or cycling.

chutney13
    Free Member

it's the helmet. i've got one and i have to remember not to raise my eyebrows after sweating as it compresses the padding and wrings the sweat out all over my face. horrible. slightly improved by a buff, but from now the zen is for winter. (good timing).

Viewing 14 posts - 41 through 54 (of 54 total)

The topic ‘Sweaty Head Syndrome’ is closed to new replies.