Swapping mobile providers – 2 SIMs now with the same number

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Swapping mobile providers – 2 SIMs now with the same number
  • ross980

I recently got the letter from 3 confirming the end of the Oneplan. I decided to jump ship to EE who had a great offer on which worked out cheaper the 3 Retention’s best offer. Anyway, I got the PAC code and it was processed yesterday.

I now have two active SIMs, both with the same number for outgoing calls, but incoming calls and texts still going to the old 3 SIM (currently in my old phone). Has anyone else had this issue before? Did it just resolve itself?

Also, once you activate a PAC code does that not cancel the contract, or at least start the notice period? I said I wanted to cancel when ringing for the PAC (I was on a 12 month SIMO which expired a year ago). Not sure I trust 3 not to keep charging, especially as I’m still using the SIM.
    When I swapped from Orange to 3 it was pretty painless last time and the number transfer took about an hour.

EE have also cocked up the monthly tarrif amount, but hopefully that’s now resolved

#firstworldproblems

mattyfez

Requesting and using a pak is good enough legally speaking, but you can always log into your online banking and delete the direct debit if you are concerned.

I’d also suggest calling 3 though if the sim is still active.

iolo

Why are you still using the 3 sim?

ross980

Why are you still using the 3 sim?

I just put it in my old phone whilst the number was swapping over – I expected that SIM would stop working. I’m still using it because all incoming calls and texts are still going to it (I can ring/text out on both phones with the same number).
    If I turn the ‘3’ phone off calls just go to voicemail.

Premier Icon Cougar
    Subscriber

Also, once you activate a PAC code does that not cancel the contrac

My understanding is that requesting a PAC does nothing whatsoever; the act of giving it to another provider is what triggers the migration / closure of the old account. Ie, your new provider does it. Get on to them.

If you were to request a PAC and not use it, your old account should continue uninterrupted.

ross980

That’s what I thought Cougar. EE have the PAC and have implemented it, but the transfer seems to be stuck in limbo with both SIMs still working on the same number 😕

Normally resolves itself within 24hours, saying that if the change was yesterday I would expect this morning to be fine. Get onto EE who will fix it. My move to EE last year took about 6 hours, but really wasn’t bad

Premier Icon phiiiiil
    Subscriber

My most recent move happened instantly at midnight; the one before that happened in dribs and drabs over a whole day, with incoming and outgoing calls, texts and data all swapping separately. It was a right pain in the arse not knowing which phone would do what…

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Swapping mobile providers – 2 SIMs now with the same number’ is closed to new replies.