Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Swapping Lowers On Reba Forks ….. 26"to 29" ……. worth it?
  • Premier Icon letmetalktomark

A change in build direction may see a change from a 26″ build to a 29″ build.

I have all the bits and pieces (bar a wheel build) the stuck on the fork.

I have a Reba Team fork purchased in the summer that is essentially new that I would like to change the lowers on.

Is it worth the hassle/cost or should I be looking to change the forks as a whole?

All help/thoughts/advice much welcomed 😀

Premier Icon LoCo
    Free Member

Different offset on the csu units between 26 and 29″ forks, for 2012.

Probably almost as cheap to sell forks and get 29er specific ones on a deal.

Premier Icon letmetalktomark

LoCo – Member

Hmmm.

So not possible/recommended?

Premier Icon letmetalktomark

LoCo – Member

Probably almost as cheap to sell forks and get 29er specific ones on a deal.

Jumped the gun before you finished there.

Out of interest what is the RRP on a set of 29er lowers?

Premier Icon LoCo
    Free Member

doable but offset different so handling/geo. different/worse, if you’ve referenced all parts are cross compatible shouldn’t be an issue, but probably easier to sell and get a new pair

Premier Icon speaker2animals

Even if they were mechanically identical I suspect the cost (if you could actually buy them) would be pretty horrendous. I once made the mistake of cutting my steerer short and asked about the cost of a new crown/steerer assembly. The cost was about 2/3rds that of the whole fork and that wasn’t allowing for actually getting them changed over.

Totally irrelevant though if they are engineered differently.

Premier Icon LoCo
    Free Member

£188 ish retail but would be able to do them a bit cheaper 😉

Premier Icon speaker2animals

So £188 for the lowers plus what you can get for your Rebas, wouldn’t that be most of a pair of new 29er forks and no worries about everything being right and issues with handling? I know which way I’d go TBH.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Swapping Lowers On Reba Forks ….. 26"to 29" ……. worth it?’ is closed to new replies.