Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Swapping Lowers On Reba Forks ….. 26"to 29" ……. worth it?
  • letmetalktomark

A change in build direction may see a change from a 26″ build to a 29″ build.

I have all the bits and pieces (bar a wheel build) the stuck on the fork.

I have a Reba Team fork purchased in the summer that is essentially new that I would like to change the lowers on.

Is it worth the hassle/cost or should I be looking to change the forks as a whole?

All help/thoughts/advice much welcomed 😀

LoCo
    Free Member

Different offset on the csu units between 26 and 29″ forks, for 2012.

Probably almost as cheap to sell forks and get 29er specific ones on a deal.

letmetalktomark

LoCo – Member

Hmmm.

So not possible/recommended?

letmetalktomark

LoCo – Member

Probably almost as cheap to sell forks and get 29er specific ones on a deal.

Jumped the gun before you finished there.

Out of interest what is the RRP on a set of 29er lowers?

LoCo
    Free Member

doable but offset different so handling/geo. different/worse, if you’ve referenced all parts are cross compatible shouldn’t be an issue, but probably easier to sell and get a new pair

speaker2animals

Even if they were mechanically identical I suspect the cost (if you could actually buy them) would be pretty horrendous. I once made the mistake of cutting my steerer short and asked about the cost of a new crown/steerer assembly. The cost was about 2/3rds that of the whole fork and that wasn’t allowing for actually getting them changed over.

Totally irrelevant though if they are engineered differently.

LoCo
    Free Member

£188 ish retail but would be able to do them a bit cheaper 😉

speaker2animals

So £188 for the lowers plus what you can get for your Rebas, wouldn’t that be most of a pair of new 29er forks and no worries about everything being right and issues with handling? I know which way I’d go TBH.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Swapping Lowers On Reba Forks ….. 26"to 29" ……. worth it?’ is closed to new replies.