Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Swapping front wheels between Pro2 & Pro3SP,will brake need adjusting each time?
  • aye-aye
    Free Member

Currently got a very heavy front wheel for DH stuff, with a hope pro 2 evo hub.
    I’d like to get a lighter front wheel for trail days, was going to buy a Pro2/Flow front wheel so that there would be no alignment issues with the disc/brake (Formula oro)

If I got the Pro3 SP with disc do you think there will be any slight alignment issues each time I swap?

Any idea of the weight saving from Pro3 SP with disc over standard Pro2 hub and disc?
    Ta

flow
    Free Member

Sell both pairs and buy something suited to a bit of both would be the obvious answer.

Also why do you have a heavier hitting wheel on the front, when pretty much all of your weight is at the rear?

aye-aye
    Free Member

I’ve only got one pair of wheels. Tough ones
    The wheelset was built for trip to Whistler, I like downhilling and big jumps so still want a tough front wheel for that kind of stuff.

Singlespeed_Shep
    Free Member

i’d go for a set of lighter tyres.

flow
    Free Member

In that case sell the pair of wheels you have and buy something more suited to the UK.

Flow Hope Hoops would be fine for what you want.

aye-aye
    Free Member

Hopefully someone can answer my simple question

neninja
    Free Member

It only take a few seconds to adjust the front brake.

My Hope Pro2 and Hope Pro3 SP AM4 aren’t aligned exactly the same. I have to adjust the brake slightly most times I swap them.

aye-aye
    Free Member

Thank you neninja

tthew

boxelder

As above, with post mount brakes – loosen caliper bolts, pull brake on and hold it while retighten bolts. I’d say your bike probably isn’t light though, so you would benefit from the sp3. I switch pro 2 wheeels routinely without brake issues – front and rear.

neninja
    Free Member

These are pretty handy for what you’re looking to do…

As long as the Pro3 SP disc is further out to start with than the Pro2 mounted disc, as the Pro3 SP with Flow rims has a 4 bolt disc pattern so that shim won’t fit.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘Swapping front wheels between Pro2 & Pro3SP,will brake need adjusting each time?’ is closed to new replies.