Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Swapping from Sram 2 x 10 to Shimano
  • thecrookofdevon

Fed up with the lack of longevity of several Sram gxp bottom brackets on my 29er hardtail. I therefore intend to swap out the Sram bottom bracket and chainset for a shimano deore. Does anybody know if I will have any compatibility issues given that I am still intending to use Sram shifters and and front and rear mechs?

robinlaidlaw
    Free Member

No, it works fine. Shimano cranks over SRAM every time regardless of the rest of the spec.

matther01
    Free Member

If funds allow…I’d recommend an uberbike bb. Find them to be just as good as hope and half the price.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    collostomy
    Free Member

As others have said there are no compatibility issues. I did the same on my Spesh Crave after witnessing a GXP BB disintergrate after very little use. Swapped it out for XT and a hope BB.

thecrookofdevon

Okay, the deed is done. Just bought the deore double from Merlin which is an amazing price. Now I won’t have to replace the crappy sram bb cups every 3-6 months. The mechs and the shifters seem fine btw.

br
    Free Member

Just bought the deore double from Merlin which is an amazing price. Now I won’t have to replace the crappy sram bb cups every 3-6 months

No, but you’ll be replacing crappy shimano bb cups instead

monkeychild
    Free Member

I love shimano stuff but Deore BBs are shocking.

Conan257
    Free Member

I may be moving to GXP, is it worth spending more as I’ve always bought Lx/STX bb’s?

orangeboy
    Free Member

For SRAM gxp just use a hope bb and the converter for the left hand cup

Northwind

Deore BB is fairly poor btw, not that much better than SRAM shite… but don’t be put off if it’s short lived, the SLX/XT one is much better.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Swapping from Sram 2 x 10 to Shimano’ is closed to new replies.