Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Swapping a mobile phone from contract with bells and whistles.
  • MrOvershoot

Right its probably me being thick, I want to change my wife’s out of contract phone to calls/txt only.
    She hardly uses it at all due to her MS making it awkward.
    I have her account on screen EE and I’m jiggered if I can see a way to change it, lots of ways to upgrade.

just5minutes
    Free Member

just phone them and ask to go sim only. Or you can ask to go on their Pay as You Go tariff which is £12 a month for unlimited calls and texts.

MrOvershoot

I was trying to avoid her speaking to them as her speech is quite slurred at the moment (its OK if you are used to it)
    I suspect she will get a Mumbai call center and she will get confused.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    dannybgoode

All she need do is give the call centre person her permission to speak to you and then you can do it. Alternatively you may be able to do it online. I know I can with o2.

maccruiskeen

If you want to do it online, rather than modify her existing account (like you say they tend to want to upgrade rather than down grade) just open a new account.

If you’re happy with the existing handset just get a sim-only deal with whoever you want, including EE and close the existing one. Even if you stayed with EE they’d probably send you a new sim anyway if you were to go SIM only.

Its a while since I’ve looked but EEs most basic Sim contract would give you varying amounts of calls /texts depending on whether you sign up for a long contract or a rolling month to month one (they give more if you sign up for longer they give more generous allowances for the longer contract). I’m on the month to month one and never use up any allowances though

crankboy
    Free Member

All she needs to do is give her consent for you to talk on her behalf.
    Personally I’d end the contract and get a giffgaff sim . I use my phone a lot for texts a bit for calls and manage on £5 per month.

MrOvershoot

OK thanks for the tips, she has an old S2 at the moment but my S4 is up soon so I will probably hand that on to her.
    Would need a new sim anyway as IIRC the S4 is a mini sim thing

cchris2lou

or just pretend to be her on the phone . my account is in my wife name and they dont seem to care if Louise has a very masculine voice .

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Swapping a mobile phone from contract with bells and whistles.’ is closed to new replies.