Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Swanage (sort of on topic)
  • Nick

I’m visiting my Ma tomorrow for a few days, she lives on the south coast in New Milton.

While I’m down there I wouldn’t mind heading over to Swanage to have a mooch around Charlie The Bikemongers gaff.

It’s got to be a good hour and a bit to drive, obviously visiting a bike shop ain’t high on my family’s list of entertainment on a half-term break, what excuse can I give them?

I’ve already tried Corfe Castle and the train (wife not impressed), the pier might go for 5 minutes, what else is there to do on a very likely grey and pissing wet Friday?

40mpg

Take them to the Square & Compass at Worth Matravers. Pasties are the best, and homebrew cider makes me see dark spots after one pint. Its got a roof so the rain won’t be a problem.

40mpg

Second thoughts probably better to drop them off at Bournemouth aquarium / shopping and shoot over on the chain ferry by yourself

flashes
    Free Member

I was there last week, brill. Brownsea Island, if they like sqirells. The Square & Compass at Worth Matravers is quite something, home brewed ciders, home made pies and pasies, love the choice, “do you do food” “yes, pie or pasty” and they have their own museum…………

Plus ring the shop first, Charlie’s in Cornwall so that leaves Crashy Dave on his own……….

convert

Trade your family in for a more adventurous one and set off with family 2.0 along the coastal path from there (west is best imo) or do some open water swimming – it’s great in any weather.

flashes
    Free Member

or fossil hunting, we found a huge amonite……

luke
    Free Member

monkey world is only a short way of the route.

budgierider67

+1 for Monkey World.
    It’s awesome!

flashes
    Free Member

My other half is scared of Monkey’s, oh and butterflies, spiders, daddy long legs, etc………..

chaos

Tank Museum

belugabob
    Free Member

Can’t believe nobody has mentioned Lulworth Cove.
    Not the best time of year to visit, but a geological gem hidden away on the south coast – brings joy to my heart whenever I see it (Either in person or on TV)

EDIT: having now bothered to look up New Milton, Lulworth isn’t exactly on the way to Swanage 😳

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Swanage (sort of on topic)’ is closed to new replies.