Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Swanage routes
  • jimfrandisco
    Free Member

In Swanage for a couple of weeks. Been often but this time I actually get to take a bike.
    I know it’s Charlie Monger country and there’s definitely riding – any suggestions for routes in the area?
    I’ll be on a big tyred gravel bike so after a bit of everything.
    Cheers

joepud
    Free Member

I was there recently and did this one https://www.komoot.com/smarttour/516442. nothing too gnar but was cool because i was on the HT and got to see the place from loads of different view points which was pretty much what i was after. i did have a look on trailforks at a few points on the ride and found nothing, but i refuse to believe there isn’t any trail in the area.

RichPenny
    Free Member

Ridge between Ulwell and Corfe has some good climbs and descents. You can also include the loop from just north of Ulwell up to the Obelisk and down to Old Harry Rocks, then back via Studland. There’s another loop which goes across Corfe Common, Up through Afflington Farm on the Purbeck Way then down into Combe Bottom, up to Renscombe Farm and into Worth Matravers for some scrumpy and pie at the Square and Compass. Bridleway down to Woodyhyde Farm is the best bit, then you can lane it back to the ridge.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    titusrider
    Free Member

This looks incredible, its on my list for sure : https://bikepacking.com/routes/purbeck-bimble-dorset-uk/

IHN

Google the ‘classic’ Isle of Purbeck route. Proper good old-fashioned XC, which is basically what ‘gravel’ is, innit?

(Having looked it’s similar to the Komoot route above, but the other way round and a bit less road)

jimfrandisco
    Free Member

Excellent. Thanks all, that bimble looks perfect.
    Cheers

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Swanage routes’ is closed to new replies.