Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • SW London to NE London Cycle route
  • swdan
    Free Member

This weekend I have a plan to cycle back to my parents house in Suffolk. I live in SW London. I have a route planned but I really don’t like the look of it from London Bridge through to South of Chelmsford. I cycle commute into town from near Epsom so am used to the busy roads and traffic but I was hoping for something a bit less busy on this route.

Does anyone have any tips or routes from say Wimbledon (or Waterloo area) through to Chelmsford(ish)?

I’ll be on the road bike if that makes any difference

joepud
    Free Member

Have you tried komoot? you can set it to mountain biking and it will cut out the majority of main roads and stick to parks and that. Could try just using city mapper and just select quiet route?

swdan
    Free Member

Worth a try I guess. I’ve never got on with Komoot, I just don’t find it very intuitive. Current planning is via Strava which I use a lot. I just don’t know that area of London to cycle through so hard to know what’s a good route and what isn’t.

jimdubleyou

I can dig out the Friday Night Ride to the Coast Maldon route if that’s any use to you? Can’t guarantee it’s traffic free, but usually get out of London fairly quick.

swdan
    Free Member

@jimdubleyou that would be awesome, thanks. Once out of London my route goes via Maldon and Colchester so that might work well.
    Doesn’t have to be traffic free, as I say I’m used to cycling in London rush hour traffic, just assessing if I have better options

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘SW London to NE London Cycle route’ is closed to new replies.