Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • SW England rideable epic trails
  • DavidB
    Free Member

Given the past few months moisture is there anything darn south of a decent length that would be rideable atm. I am gearing up for the Highland 550 later this year and need some loooong MTB rides as training. Was hoping to do the SDW or Ridgeway early March but, living in Wilts, I know the Ridgeway is in a right state.

Are there any other long distance trails 60-100miles that could go? Don’t mind fireroad or tracks.

Clink

Try a road bike?

nickjb
    Free Member

Does it need to be single epic ride. You could do a few laps of Cwmcarn or ride to Bristol on the railway path then a few laps of Ashton Court. How is the perimeter track of Salisbury Plain, that’s elevated so might be ok?

Dyffers
    Free Member

I did the north end of the Wessex Ridgeway at the weekend. I say ‘did’ rather than ‘rode’. Seemed a lot of effort for little fun…might be just what you want for HTR training 😀

thomthumb
    Free Member

drovers trails from sailisbuty might be a goer.

this is a loop from winchester but the drovers trails continue to the west of this loop

http://ridewithgps.com/routes/2798925

akak
    Free Member

Lots of the military byways are gravel, hard to make an epic route though. The bikemonger is planning a gravel event maybe speak to him for ideas.

atlaz
    Free Member

Drive to Redhill in Surrey and do the North Downs Way? Probably equally swampy right now but worth a go (150 or so miles)

Gilles

Imber range path around Salisbury plain 4 times?

thepurist

Downs Link there & back. You’d get some distance but not much climbing.

DavidB
    Free Member

I’ve done Imber several times recently and bored of it.

Road bike is out of the question as I need time on the MTB.

The Drover’s trail looks a go’er might even attempt it on Sunday

Pawsy_Bear
    Free Member

What I do in this weather is laps of W2 link and wall at Afan it’s all weather and good training

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘SW England rideable epic trails’ is closed to new replies.