• This topic has 8 replies, 5 voices, and was last updated 14 years ago by ART.
Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • sustainability statements
  • london_lady
    Free Member

where do I begin in writing one of these for an office which is heavy on computer use, does usual re-cycling and uses low-energy light bulbs etc and is not ISO 14001 compliant…….? How much detail do I need to include or can I be rather vague about our policies?

ART

Why are you doing it?
    What's it for?
    Who is the intended audience?
    Do you know what your main impacts & effects are in relation to sustainable development criteria?
    Do you have any programmes for managing what you do or improving/ reporting your performance?
    How do you deal with wider social issues?
    Do you have any sustainable development policies to speak of?

For good advice you need to be able to answer these questions and some.
    Otherwise just do what lots do and write some crap about how the company is committed to sustainable development and continuous improvement.

aP
    Free Member

[cough]
    You could of asked me.
    ** sulks **

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    sofatester
    Free Member

Otherwise just do what lots do and write some crap about how the company is committed to sustainable development and continuous improvement.

Remember to print those Emails off and fax them over!

IanMunro
    Free Member

I'll do it for you –
    "This company, like all others, is not sustainable"

There you go, I'll even wave my normal fee 🙂

sofatester
    Free Member

You get paid to write this? Do you work for a bank by any chance? 😉

london_lady
    Free Member

This is for prequalification of services for a client and no we don't have any sustainable policies for the office side of things but we do have ISO 14001 for the boats – but I can't really see the office staff adhering to the requirements of this.

IanMunro
    Free Member

Yep I imagine clause 17 – 'All poos must be done in a bucket and lobbed overboard' could cause issues in an office environment.

ART

OK – in that case you might get away with something quite minimal, couched in general terms as they will be ticking certain boxes. But now you're talking about boats too so your business isn't just office based … Check carefully what they are asking for, and if it's not clear then phone them for clarification. Oh and maybe ask aP to get on the case and stop sulking 😉

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘sustainability statements’ is closed to new replies.