Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Suspension woes (Dual Air U-Turn)
  • andeh

So, this morning I serviced my Pike 454 Dual Air U-turn forks. The Moco dial had become sticky and they were leaking oil, plus they were about due a fresh batch of lube.

Everything seemed to go ok, until I got the forks back in the bike and pumped them up. The positive went up fine, however the forks were sat much higher in their travel than normal (about 15mm further than the 140mm line). Then, when I inflated the negative chamber, which took much more pumping than usual, nothing happened and the forks just became even firmer.

My first suspicions were confirmed when I unscrewed the foot nut and a air escaped. It seems that the negative chamber isn’t sealed properly and is leaking air into the fork leg, causing them tho harshly top out. This is strange because I didn’t even meddle with the air spring, other than cleaning and re-lubing.

So, what should be done? Ideally I don’t want to send them off for an expensive service as I’m a bit strapped at the moment.

Cheers all

andeh

Bump for the evening crowd. Hopefully LoCo will be along in a few minutes to save the day 😳

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

New seal kit for cheap off eBay and DIY.
    Costs under a tenner
    It’s only a few rubber O rings. 🙂

andeh

Cheers bud.

As it turns out I just had another go at fixing them, opened them up and the bottom of the -ive chamber had blown off. Clearly a case of the snap ring not having snapped properly. Problem solved it seems.

freeride_frankie
    Free Member

Do you know there’s a right and wrong way round with cir-clips. There’s a rounded edge and a right angle edge. You want the pressure to be pushing the right angle edge into its seating. Does that make sense??

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Suspension woes (Dual Air U-Turn)’ is closed to new replies.