suspension wizzards…………..Fox 36 Fit damper question

Home Forum Bike Forum suspension wizzards…………..Fox 36 Fit damper question

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • suspension wizzards…………..Fox 36 Fit damper question
  • ndthornton

I have just changed the oil in my 2010 fox 36 RC2 damper.

I did this because when I disassembled the fork I discovered that when I compressed the damping rod all the way in it would not stay put and wanted to spring back out a couple of inches. I assumed that springiness in a damper was not good and air must have got in.

Unfortunately even after following all the instructions to the letter the damping rod wont compress all the way in and stay put. Is this normal behavior? It doesn’t seem right? Its nice and smooth all the way until the last 2 inches then wants to spring back. Its as if the diaphragm doesn’t have the capacity to take up all of the displaced oil….. have I fitted it correctly?

fozzybear

If you search the forum there is a reply somewhere.
    Memory says it was air inside and there were micro holes that had been blocked and blowing the air holes cleared the block.
    Once the holes are clear the air will successfully bleed out correctly.

ndthornton

Bump
    No look finding the thread yet….

LoCo

The RC2 FIT is the closed damper with the bladder at the bottom of the leg Fozzy, think you mean the standard R open bath damper with bleed port in the base valve.

The RC2 will extend a little from full travel, you get issues with the bladder when it goes a bit square and burps air, these are no longer available so the damper carts are affectivly obsolete.
    You can get retro fit damper carts. new style FIT dampers with retro top cap threads to fit the pre 2011 forks. We can supply these if necessary.

ndthornton

Thanks Loco
    In that case it sounds like there is nothing wrong with my damper. Is the springiness there to control bottom out? The fork performs well so Il just leave it I think

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘suspension wizzards…………..Fox 36 Fit damper question’ is closed to new replies.