Viewing 32 posts - 1 through 32 (of 32 total)
  • Suspension servicing, Who to choose?
  • james
    Free Member

I’ve a Fox 36 with play in an upper bush, might as well have a full service while its there

Mojo are no longer in the game and am I right in thinking LoCo isn’t either?

It looks like Silverfish want £185 all in so who else is recommended at the mo, ideally for less money?

Tracey

We have had good results from Plush for servicing

jamesmio
    Free Member

J-Tech have always been good for me

trusty

I always use Sprung. Helps they’re local

reluctantjumper

Silverfish have gone silly expensive now since they took over Mojo, even though I can drop stuff in to them on my way to Cwmcarn or on the way to see my family they’re still more expensive than sending to TFtuned, Sprung etc. I have to use Silverfish for my DRCV shock but everything else goes to TFTuned or Sprung depending on lead times and whether I’m going to the FOD at a convenient time. Both would get a solid thumbs up from me.

Poopscoop

I’ve used J Tech lately and can recommend. Bit cheaper than TFT I think too.

patagonian
    Free Member

TF Tuned were great for me. Arranged to drop them off and went for a pub lunch (pre- Covid obviously) and they were ready just as I finished eating! Admittedly it was starters AND mains…….might have been a dessert as well.
    And between me making the appointment and actually getting there Fox had upped the price of a new air shaft but TF honoured the original price.

singlespeedstu

I’ve had good service from TF for years but gave RSF a go recently and was very pleased with the service I got from them.
    RSF also seem quite flexible on doing just what you want and no more. Like sending in just a damper for service instead of having to pay full price for the whole fork service.
    Recon they’d do just a lowers and bush adjustment for you.

chakaping
    Free Member

This thread is of interest to me now Bounce have packed up servicing.

Silverfish have gone silly expensive

They’ve just transferred their normal “aspirational” pricing policy to suspension servicing, I expect. Shame they got their grubby mitts on Fox and Marz, the latter might have been reasonably priced otherwise – as they are in other countries.

RichPenny
    Free Member

Had exemplary service from TF Tuned recently.

tomhoward

Had exemplary service from TF Tuned recently Always.

This. Even when I’ve been a halfwit.

timmys

Nowadays Plush as they are local, but always had great service from TF.

tftunedshox
    Free Member

Our team has been working absolutely flat out to keep up with demand since mid March so it’s really lovely and much appreciated to receive all your kind words and recommendations for our services. Thank you! Ruth @TFT

fathomer

Slick & Slide for me, some of the best service I’ve ever had has been from Rick.

crispybacon
    Free Member

Another recommendation for RSF Suspension great service & turn around times. I wouldn’t go anywhere else 🙂

timc
    Free Member

TF Tuned brilliant for me recently

jk1980
    Free Member

I’ve used J tech recently and have been pleased. I’ve been less impressed with TF so will be using j tech in the future

bruneep

RSF user here

jsync

Another for Slick & Slide, our own Rick Draper

richardkennerley

Tf tuned have just provided me with swift and easy service. So much so, I booked my forks in today as well. 👊

andycs

Silk Suspension in Rotherham.

MartynS

I’m going in with slick and slide as well

Ric really knows his stuff and the turnaround for me has always been amazing. He’s local so I book a slot and either drop of, and collect same day or collect next day depending on what suits me.

as long as I’ve got something he’ll service I won’t go anywhere else..

eyestwice
    Free Member

Excellent service from TF for me. Even arranged a warranty replacement when they realised my forks were borked from the factory (hence me sending them to TF for a service).

They then stripped and checked the replacements before sending them to me, just to make sure that there were no issues.

None of which was necessary, they could have just sent them back to me and told me to return to Sram myself. They’ve made a long-term customer based on both their pro-active attitude and the constant video updates along the way.

blitz

Recently had my fork and shock serviced by Grant at South coast suspension and was a positive experience.

sprocker
    Free Member

Slick and slide for me.

spesh
    Free Member

Recoil suspension based at Mallory Park might be worth a try.

NS
    Free Member

Recon they’d do just a lowers and bush adjustment for you.

RSF have done just this for me very recently.

relliott6879
    Free Member

Glad to have seen this thread. I’d like to get the Fox Brain shock on my 2013 Epic serviced and, if possible, Kashima coated at the same time; may as well get my RS Reba forks and Reverb post done too. TF Tuned don’t appear to service Brain shocks (they state an exclusion for Specialized on their site) but J Tech, who I’d never heard of before reading this, are looking promising.

Onzadog
    Free Member

I can remember a time when it was either Mojo or TFT. It’s great to see smaller local places doing it now.

Which ones do servicing and which ones do tuning?

Also, hearing that SRAM are reducing availability of smaller parts forcing people towards more expensive sub assemblies and Mojo have increased prices since going to Silverfish, I think a valid question is which suspension companies actually support the little guys and their customers?

Who makes service parts available easiest, for the longest and most affordable?

Maybe Rockshox and Fox/Marzocchi might start to lose Thier aftermarket share.

bruneep

the “little guys” tend to be better at obsucure parts as they hoard older parts to harvest for repair where as bigger guys to me are part replacers rather than fixers.

Would big guys replace a steerer tube/stanchion or would they rather sell you a new csu?

everyone has a preffered “guy” be they big or small its where you are comfortable sending your stuff to that matters.

Kryton57

Would big guys replace a steerer tube/stanchion or would they rather sell you a new csu?

Another advocate for TFT here.  And they replaced a shock shaft piece for me after giving me a call and letting me know that there was some damage, and their Tech called me to discuss work done and ideal setup as they always do.

I used mojo once and didn’t get that.    I’ve used used TFT many times making used of the collection/delivery with the whole process done in about four days including the posting, they provide an excellent service.

oikeith

I’m not a fan of packaging up my shocks and posting them, I use a local indie guy in the SW as I can drop off the shocks and collect when done. Ask around to see who does it closer to you?

Viewing 32 posts - 1 through 32 (of 32 total)

The topic ‘Suspension servicing, Who to choose?’ is closed to new replies.