Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Suspension linkage
  • garlic
    Free Member

Does anyone know any sites with infomation about different MTB suspension designs, ie, 4-bar, faux bar, single pivot, etc, etc? The more techy the better. The wikipedia page on the subject is pretty rubbish really 🙁

Rickos
    Free Member

There is one written by a Spanish sounding chap. Can’t be more help than that, but it really is very, very techy and sounds just the thing for you.

james-o
    Free Member

fs-kinematics site has a download that you may find interesting.

garlic
    Free Member

I googled “Spanish sounding chap” + “suspension” and got nothing. Google’s sooo rubbish 😉

that fs-kinematics site looks pretty tasty thou, will have a play later.

Cheers guys.

thepodge
    Free Member

what kind of info are you after? i bet most people off here could answer your questions

james-o
    Free Member

i bet most people off here could answer your questions

er, with respect, and i include myself in this, perhaps not ) have a play on fs-kinematics for a while. it makes you realise how most of the speculation and advice given here on FS is based on rider experiences of one version of a system, not the physics of the kinematics themselves which tbh are mind-bendingly complex unless you are a maths genius as well as a good, analytical rider. a pivot tweak of 10mm can make a great linkage into a rubbish one. in one area. then you have to look at all the other variables.

it’s not simple at all, there are only 3 or 4 basic systems, but the minor variations on the themes make all the difference. you can’t just compare 4-bars to single pivots.. well you can in very general terms but that’s about all.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Suspension linkage’ is closed to new replies.