Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Survey: Do BMX Freestyle, Pump Tracks and MTB Freestyle Need More Support?
  • stwhannah

Scottish Cycling, British Cycling and Welsh Cycling in collaboration with the BMX community are exploring the need for coaching and coach education to …

By stwhannah

Get the full story on our front page at:

Survey: Do BMX Freestyle, Pump Tracks and MTB Freestyle Need More Support?

Support us and help us keep the content flowing by becoming a full member.

MrAgreeable

Given the amount of unofficial trail building that has been popping up over the last year, I’d love to see the development of a programme that gives kids access to somewhere where they can get involved with building trails or dirt jumps and learn to progress their riding at the same time.

The survey is a bit clunky but worth filling out, especially if you have any experience of coaching, or an underused local facility that needs some activation.

TheBrick
    Free Member

My god some of the suggestions in the survey are horrible such as levels and awards. Some of its is good but this is the danger with organisations getting involved trying to claim things as their own.

stwhannah

Brownie/Cubs style sashes with sew on patches for each trick completed? Annual parade of sash wearers through the streets of Corby?

As thebrick says, some of the potential makes me shudder, but a bunch of investment in getting kids (and adults) onto bikes just for the sake of taking part would be very welcome.

sirromj

Glad to see street trials mentioned! Wish I’d tried to learn trials earlier in life rather than in my forties, but it took a long time to realize it’s learnable for ordinary mortals (at least the basics are). It’s such a different discipline to what general cycling is about. The more I get absorbed by it, the more road cycling appears like a very weird thing to want to do! Would love more pump tracks near by, street trials bikes works a dream on them. Nearest is ~1h10m drive round trip.

d42dom

Sounds like the adults want to take the fun out of riding a bike as a kid no matter what the discipline of riding. Leave the competition for the few who want it

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Survey: Do BMX Freestyle, Pump Tracks and MTB Freestyle Need More Support?’ is closed to new replies.