Viewing 28 posts - 1 through 28 (of 28 total)
  • Surrey Hills- Ranmore etc advice
  • hora
    Free Member

Ok, I’m back down next weekend staying near the Surrey Hills. I know all the old stuff but I must admit the last time I rode round there proper was circa 2008 with one visit last year starting at Coldharbour and over to Peaslake/Holmbury and back.

Any route/start/place tips/maps?

brooess
    Free Member

1. It’s very dusty
    2. Barry’s is a lot wider than it used to be
    3. YP has lots of new berms and is very smooth and fast. You may want to do it twice 🙂
    4. Pitch and Winterfold have loads of new stuff – follow your nose. Just watch for unexpected drops
    5. It’s hot

Sui
    Free Member

Surrey Hills has closed, all the trails have been dug up. nothing to see..

hora
    Free Member

Just watch for unexpected drops

The last time I was in the Surrey Hills- The picket fence alongside the church towards Peaslake – I turned sharp left and expected a rooted rollin (that I remembered from a few years before) and instead it was a drop with the run out to the carpark. I 😯 then 😆 as I managed to save myself.

Surrey Hills has closed, all the trails have been dug up. nothing to see..

Sadly I wont have my 9k carbon nomad with me

bentudder

We’ve been planting shrubs and placing gnomes everywhere.

verticalclimber
    Free Member

defo needs a spot of rain to firm things up a bit

spacemonkey

Basically, every trail is egging you to go stupidly fast.

Winterfold and Pitch are where the action is. Plenty of post-08 trails 🙂 Less progress being made over at Leith these days.

You hooking up with anybody from these parts?

hora
    Free Member

You hooking up with anybody from these parts?

I was planning on riding stupid-early on Sat and Sun am as Sat/Sunday we are driving into London for touristy-stuff. Stupid early as in 8am- is that ‘early’? If you/anyone riding early I could tag along. I’m quiet and mouse-like in person 😈

tonyg2003

Lots of new stuff on Ranmore too, as well as the usual changes to Pitch, Winterfold. I’d follow some riders around. Everything is riding beautifully although we are expecting rain in the next few days.

Just park your Audi in the walking bottom car park, put your body armour on and ride/walk you Nomad up to Yoghurt pots and you will fit right in 🙂

spacemonkey

Stupid early as in 8am- is that ‘early’?

Yep, that really is stupid early. Can’t get over there before some time Sunday afternoon, probably 4pm-9pm.

driving into London

We have trains and tubes down here y’know!

joolsburger
    Free Member

Everything is braking bumped to buggery and there are some new surprise jumps here and there. Otherwise same old same old.

verticalclimber
    Free Member

you have got 200mm travel right?

hora
    Free Member

Of course. I will also session Barry knows Best whilst my wife uplifts me in our Q7 😆

slowboydickie

I’m going to be riding out of Dorking on ranmore / north downs on some of the old quarries mixed with XC. Quite steep and exhilarating in places. Going out 0730 Sunday but only for 1.5 hours. I can point you in the direction of other trails if you want a longer ride. Let me know on slowboydickie AT gmail DOT com

teamhurtmore
    Free Member

Just come in from 2 hours on Holmbury. Apart from making a hash of secret squirrel (easiest conditions ever) and making a mash of my shin, everything was running really well. Did a few old favs that haven’t ridden for ages (coco and the other one to the right of that and forgotten how much fun they were. Yog pots is really fun right now, just carry enough speed for the slight surprise early on!!!

Have fun.

hora
    Free Member

Going on memory here – Winterfold is down from Leith tower, through the quarry, cross the road then turn right for 100m’s? Winterfold is there?

rewski
    Free Member

Winterfold is next to Pitch Hill, park at Walking Bottom, was over there last night, proper dusty and rooty, some new jumps so be careful.

joolsburger
    Free Member

No Hora, Winterfold is the other side of Pitch Hill. You need to get to Peaslake then short climb up curry lane to the Windmill and that’s winterfold ish. There are several really good runs on WF but they are a little tucked away if you aren’t with someone who knows the way they’re hard to find. Probably the easiest one to find is ladies legs but I’d take the parallel run that has all the big jumps and berms on it no idea what it’s called but it is a right laugh.

hora
    Free Member

Peaslake then short climb up curry lane to the Windmill and that’s winterfold ish

Ah, so you start at Peaslake stores- turn up the sharp road climb with BKB running parallel on your right. Its a left then immediately into the woods

rewski
    Free Member

turn up the sharp road climb with BKB running parallel on your right. Its a left then immediately into the woods

No, turn right up road past pedal and spoke and the hurtwood hotel, turn left into walking bottom cp, pitch is there, winterfold further up on the right.

hora
    Free Member

Eurika! I’ve not been in there for years more- going back 5 or so years we did the T trails more last.

Cheers 🙂

I’ll go investigating and follow anyone on a bike 8)

rewski
    Free Member

@ timmys – that’s awesome

joolsburger
    Free Member

Omerta chaps Omerta.

hora
    Free Member

Omerta chaps Omerta.

All I need is for my memory to reboot, as soon as I’m on the ground I’ll be off 😀

br
    Free Member

What bike for Surrey Hills?

C’mon, Hora’s got over a week to buy a new one 🙂

hora
    Free Member

C’mon, Hora’s got over a week to buy a new one

…it wont be here in time for the weekend………..

Bagstard
    Free Member

Hey Mark, I may be able to sneak out for an early one on Sunday, need to check on family duties though.

Viewing 28 posts - 1 through 28 (of 28 total)

The topic ‘Surrey Hills- Ranmore etc advice’ is closed to new replies.