Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Surrey Hills Demo Day – This Friday
  • jim76
    Free Member

My LBS, Freeborn are running a demo day this Friday (Good Friday) from 9am.

There will be a selection of bikes available to demo from Banshee, Devinci, Ellsworth, Saracen & Specialized including XC, trail, 29er and DH bikes, and a special appearance in the form of an Ellsworth Witness tandem (tonnes of fun if you’ve never tried one!)

All you need to do is turn up with 2 forms of identification and choose a bike!

Location is: Peaslake Memorial Hall, Peaslake, Surrey

Contact Freeborn on 01403 251252 if you would like more details – should be a fun day :o)

kayak23

Doesn’t say Saracen on their website. Wouldn’t mind a spin on a new 160mm Ariel…

bentudder

Is Freeborn donating money to Hurtwood Control, like the other shops that run demo days in the area do?

Witness sounds like a hoot.

teamhurtmore
    Free Member

Who’s up for double headed dig and Evian on a witness?

jim76
    Free Member

Kayak23 – Give them a call if you want to find out about the Ariel.

I don’t know the exact details of payment but would expect some form of payment is in place.

Teamhurtmore – Darren and AJ who own the Witness regularly ride all those trails on it and I’m sure they won’t mind if you fancy it. It’s a very unusual experience but loads of fun once you get your head around it !

teamhurtmore
    Free Member

Jim – thanks, I was joking actually. Not a chance I would (be able to) ride either on a tandem!!

Normally really helpful on the phone and in the person, but guy on the phone this morning seemed really hassled and irritated by a simple question. Put me off a bit TBH. Strange as that is not my normal experience with them at all.

Good Friday at Peaslake – should be nice and empty for a change 😉

jim76
    Free Member

teamhurtmore you should give the tandem a try. I’d never ridden one before and was a little hesitant but really took to it. It’s a different skill all together.

Sounds like they are busy – no excuse mind you! Not usually the way you are right.

teamhurtmore
    Free Member

Depends on the time jim. Really trying to narrow down my main choice for FS bike. They seem v keen on the Devinci’s. I have demo-ed an Anthem 29er and a Trek Fuel EX8 in the past two weeks. Anthem blew me away, Trek did not. Would like to try a trumpy/epic and may be a Devinci as know nowt about them. Then time to purchase!!

Yes, must stress really friendly on the phone normally, out on Pitch and great demo options. Must have caught the guy at a bad time!!

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Surrey Hills Demo Day – This Friday’ is closed to new replies.