Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Surrey Hills Conditions?
  • stevepitch
    Free Member

Was planning on heading to the FoD tomorrow but with snow forecast I dont fancy a 2hr drive there and 4 back so was thinking the second option of surrey hills.

Whats it like round there at the mo normally head to Peaslake but was thinking leith hill etc

Cheers

jambalaya
    Free Member

Generally good. You can ride a Leith, Holmbury, Pitch and Winterfold combination from a variety of start points. It will be deserted tomorrow bikers wise I’m sure.

stevepitch
    Free Member

Thanks jam ive been avoiding the place at weekends because it’s been reportedly so busy

rewski
    Free Member

We’ve still got some snow cover up on the North Downs, obviously it’s pretty hard and frozen in places, should be fun. There’s always Swinley?

tallgavin
    Free Member

Lots of snow. Was on Leith yesterday and there’s probably 5 inches in many places. Quite grippy as it’s got an icy top layer. We gave up after a couple of hours of hard graft.

nuke

I was out between Ranmore and Newlands yesterday afternoon and still lots of frozen snow…good fun but different: sections like the byway were faster than normal as the offroaders had packed down the snow but then some of the little trails were not so fun as they were still frozen virgin snow and required pedalling despite gravity being on your side. Took a bit longer than usual and it was fortunate I took my lights.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Surrey Hills Conditions?’ is closed to new replies.