Viewing 7 posts - 41 through 47 (of 47 total)
  • Surrey Hills conditions
  • joolsburger
    Free Member

Yup no secrets anymore. It’s a good thing as long as people are careful and maybe park a little further afield.

mashiehood
    Free Member

I park near box hill for my normal 35 mile loop! Just riding around peaslake is a bit lame…. go explore
    So what are the conditions like – I’d like to head out this weekend

robz400
    Free Member

Conditions are horrific. Mud is at best thigh deep. Any trail that hasn’t been destroyed by the armed vigilantes is overrun with tigers and insurance salesmen.

I’d leave it and head to swinley 🙂

deadkenny
    Free Member

Admittedly it might well be a vigilant landowner in this case

Everything on Jim’s land is fair game to be blocked off or trashed and aside from new bits on Hurtwood land he’s apparently bought, there’s no right to be there.

There’s often negativity on warning that it may be a daft location, too visible, well publicised, plus the scale of the digging, but then moans and rants when it inevitably gets trashed. Still though, just accept it as change. Trails come and go and it’s more interesting with something new than the same old stuff getting wrecked through over saturated used 😉

mashiehood
    Free Member

Thanks Rob – I’ll head out to SH on Sunday 🙂
    Talking of insurance salesman robbing barstewards – my home insurance has gone up 20%!

MrWoppit
    Free Member

To all the illegal trail/jump builders.

It’s not your land. You’re not the only type of user in a relatively crowded space, you selfish nincompoops. What you’re doing is just vandalism and on about the same level as fly-tipping.

Personally, I’d be happy with arrests and fines.

Jerks. 👿

deadkenny
    Free Member

Though nice trails/features at times 😉

As a rider and the illegal stuff is there, that’s not my problem. I’m just trespassing 😀 . Their act is criminal damage though.

But more seriously it doesn’t do the community much good when the scale of digging is really taking the piss and churning up huge areas of someone’s land, plus the blatant obviousness of it.

Viewing 7 posts - 41 through 47 (of 47 total)

The topic ‘Surrey Hills conditions’ is closed to new replies.