Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 257 total)
  • Surprised the new “Shed Fire” frame isn’t being ooh-ed and aah-ed over
  • miketually
    Free Member

Is it shedfire, Shed Fire or Shedfire?

Singlespeedpunk
    Free Member

Haven’t seen it thats why 🙂 Is it white?

Shedfire.co.uk redirects to On-One! LOL didn’t Brant do something similar to Dialled bikes years ago? 🙂

SSP

miketually
    Free Member
    Singlespeedpunk
    Free Member

Just found it Mike. Nice drive-side chainstay plate going on…the middle arm is bent in and acts as a chainstay bridge. Sweet.

SSP

ton

is it for proper 29 sized wheels.

brant
    Free Member

Shedfire.co.uk redirects to On-One!

Oh yeah 🙂
    Whoops.
    That was me doing that before though. I’ve changed it now (will take a while to propagate I imagine.

More pics of the chainstay here:-
    http://twitpic.com/1ykh4

MrNutt
    Free Member

head angle looks a bit steep, what’s that then?

I see a gearbox, go on, tell us more!

Singlespeedpunk
    Free Member

Nice solution Brant. Whats with the Nuke Proof bars on your site? Nuke Proof…now theres a name from the early 90’s!

Have you had a look at osbikes.com? Specifically the geometry with rigid forks? It should not work…but it does 🙂 I love mine!

SSP

brant
    Free Member

head angle looks a bit steep, what’s that then?

Lol! I see what you mean though.

We’re carving a 67.5deg angle on there Mr Nutt.

Stoner
    Free Member

removeable cable guides eh?

I may ask for royalties… 🙂

brant
    Free Member

Whats with the Nuke Proof bars on your site?

I designed them, Lynskey made them, Nukeproof are going to sell ’em.

As for geometry, well, I’m definitely going slacker rather than steeper this year.

Tracker1972
    Free Member

Was busy ooooing and ahhhing on Twitter. Do like the look of it personally.

Singlespeedpunk
    Free Member

As for geometry, well, I’m definitely going slacker rather than steeper this year.

You heard it here first; slack is the new steep 🙂

Ti bars? Should not flex too much with that centre section. Who owns NP now? I guess its gone like “Onza”?

SSP

brant
    Free Member

Ti bars? Should not flex too much with that centre section.

Early test reports indeed say “stiff”. But 227g, lifetime guarantee and 710mm width. £200 though 🙂

Who owns NP now?

Come on now. Do your homework. It’s not hard.

Singlespeedpunk
    Free Member

Come on now. Do your homework. It’s not hard.

Well I’m at home so don’t have works resources to hand…plus I am leaving the bike trade in 4 weeks for a cushy desk job 🙂 Might get to ride my bike more! Hotlines?

SSP

brant
    Free Member

Hotlines

Hotlines don’t own Nukeproof.

Stoner
    Free Member

Hotlines don’t own Nukeproof

http://www.bikebiz.com/news/27573/Hotlines-and-MTB-Distribution-merge

Im confused….

Singlespeedpunk
    Free Member

Hotlines distribute it, hence my question.

I was guessing that someone bought the brand name and started badging stuff up and shipping it over.

I could be wrong.

God I am looking forward to a nice simple, non-machiavellian job in the civil service!

SSP

Stoner
    Free Member

non-machiavellian job in the civil service

bought a suit then?
    🙂

tails
    Free Member

looks alot better than those on ones. whats the point of setting up another bike company why not just release that under the on one brand?

Stoner
    Free Member

I think tails might have missed a few threads…

Singlespeedpunk
    Free Member

bought a suit then?

No planning on wearing my SSUK / Cars-r-coffins / OFS t-shirts, jeans and Vans Old Skools 🙂 IT dept so we are locked away from the public 🙂

hora
    Free Member

[Thread hijack]

Nevermind that young lad Brant, come over to my thread and tell me if the tic tac colour scheme ‘works’ or not? A kinda fashion thread. I need it to ‘work’ as my Summer season needs the Pikes back 😀

[/Thread hijack]

tails
    Free Member

I think tails might have missed a few threads…

It would seem so, I don’t click on half the threads I used to, to much repetition and misery, strangely considering i just said on ones are ugly I do like your ti one, in the photo thread looks like a good set up.

so what have I missed.

Hairychested
    Free Member

Frame? I like certainly. Price? I dislike almost certainly.

Stoner
    Free Member

Mr Richards has parted company with Planet X Bikes (owner of the On-One brand) and set up shedfire: a cosy little copmany in which he can design things for people etc etc. His “press release” is at the bottom of this page http://www.shedfire.com/

househusband

Ditto. Assume that it’s a Ti frame?

(And therefore gonna be outta my budget!)

brant
    Free Member

Steel and Aluminium versions coming soon too! Same geometry and detailing. Few tweaks here and there.

ton

and patiently in leeds…………………………………………..

brant
    Free Member

Tony – it’s coming, I promise. You wouldn’t want me to rush it 🙂

Besides, I’ve not heard more on your beast either.

Pauly

But who owns Hotlines..?

😉

ton

beast??

turnip
    Free Member

For those of you who havent guessed, hotlines bought the rights to lotsof brand names and gets stuff with that brand name put on.

Oh and Hotlines is “owned” by Chain reaction.

tails
    Free Member

Mr Richards has parted company with Planet X Bikes (owner of the On-One brand)

oh right so ya never owned it anyway and just designed for them, nice one good on you. i’ll have a read of the press release.

ash

that looks like a rather nice frame, far nicer than any on-one IMHO

hora
    Free Member

hotlines, ah hence the Intense connection. I always thought CRC must have bought them through a grey channel but it looks like a great way to dispose of older lines/odds and ends. The seat stay bridge is probably a nod towards the offspring of Todmorden/Hebden with their webbed-feet and hands 🙄

Rich
    Free Member

Only bit I don’t like is the seatstay bridge.

RudeBoy
    Free Member

Yeah, that plate makes it look cheap. What’s wrong with a little tube?

Some interesting little features, although can’t quite see the point of some. That chainstay bit looks very good for collecting soil samples, as does the seatstay plate.

What’s with the little holes? Are they to screw guides in? Why not have them welded on?

I preferred the DeKerf style wishbone.

clubber
    Free Member

i imagine that most of the Qs about why things are different on the frame can be answered in one word – cost

brant
    Free Member

What’s wrong with a little tube?

I just wanted a little bit of bracing/weld area increasing at the top of the stays, and have an aversion to throwback frame design features which only hang around because people think they’re needed.

Some interesting little features, although can’t quite see the point of some.

It’s essentially a double diamond frame. It’s not going to be terribly ground breaking, but I am pretty pleased with how it’s come out.

That chainstay bit looks very good for collecting soil samples, as does the seatstay plate.

We don’t have terribly bad mud up here, but to be honest, until I’ve checked it over I can’t be sure, but I can’t think of many bikes with bigger mud clearance.

And when I look at the mud clearance between my front tyre and brake bridge on my Revelations, I wonder why I go overboard.

What’s with the little holes? Are they to screw guides in? Why not have them welded on?

That’s right. Well deduced. They’re not welded as it saves around $10 per cable guide to do it that way. Which adds up.

I preferred the DeKerf style wishbone.

The Ti456 continues, as far as I know, but as I didn’t even design (or redesign) that, and with it being such a part of the on-one character, I left it there. It’s also really expensive to make.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 257 total)

The topic ‘Surprised the new “Shed Fire” frame isn’t being ooh-ed and aah-ed over’ is closed to new replies.