Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Surosa Cycles – Oldham – beware!
  • SteveTheBarbarian
    Free Member

Took a brake in there to be bled. Never thought to ask price, as not in my wildest nightmares did I think a shop could charge over £10.

The bill was £23!

Not only that,but they didn't work at all. Took em back, and they're still not right, but I'm not taking them back again. Was the only job I couldn't do, as I hadn't a bleed kit – but I'm getting one now.

If I wasn't working away, I'd have taken it to Samways in Derby. Rang and asked them their price – £10 they said.

£23 completely wasted – what a rip off!

IdleJon

The standard charge for bleeding brakes at my LBS is £17.50 per brake iirc, plus any parts needed.

dave_rudabar
    Free Member

It might be worth complaining to the shop manager/owner. Maybe their saturday boy did it (badly)?

Joxster
    Free Member

Have a word about it with Mandy Greenwood, she's one of the owners and should sort something out. She's also an ex World Champion.

crikey
    Free Member

Er… she was Mandy Jones when she won the World Champs, and is now Mandy Bishop…

..they are usually a very good shop, hopefully just a one off cock up..

SteveTheBarbarian
    Free Member

Well I've ordered an Avid bleed kit – £31.95 from Tredz. Just wish I'd done that in the first place.

Drac

Make your own Follow this guide.

mudwarrior
    Free Member

Good shop my back–de! What a rip off. Top prices for very poor service, don't think any of them can hold a spanner properly. The lady in the picture is Mandy Jones (former world champion), but I would not complain to her, she might rip your head off. If you want decent service at sensible prices, I suggest you go to their former (cytech approved) mechanic and ex-pro Adam Bonser who runs a proper service department in Mossley. http://www.wheelguru.co.uk
    Why pay more for inferior service?

Bregante

Went in once to enquire about a demo on a fritz which I was seriously considering buying. Their lack of interest was astounding

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Surosa Cycles – Oldham – beware!’ is closed to new replies.