Viewing 40 posts - 161 through 200 (of 214 total)
  • Surly have got the right approach to customer service…
  • kennyp
    Free Member

If this was a customer service “joke” from BT or Sky or Virgin or whoever, you’d be incensed.

Not true to be honest. I’d love it if they put out something like that rather than the bland meaningless corporate drivel these big companies all spout. Generally the world is a better place if we all have a bit of a laugh.

singlespeedstu

I’d still love a Disc Trucker, but I’d take the stickers off, just in case anyone stopped me to chat about my sophisticated humour, or how great I was ‘cos I didn’t buy a Boardman.

Yep that would teach Sury a lesson wouldn’t it.

Am i in a minority in selecting what I buy on if it’s going to do the job it’s supposed to at a price i can afford.

All the rest is just guff and nonesence.

RustySpanner

I don’t want to teach Surly a lesson.

I just don’t want to be associated with the kind of people who allow themselves to be defined by what they buy, rather than what they do.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    tazzymtb

“All the rest is just guff and nonesence.”

+ lots!!

“the more I read of this thread, the less I want to be associated with people who think they’re special because they’ve bought a into a minority brand.”

I haven’t seen a single person think they’re special because they like surly stuff on here (lots expressing that they find it funny and uptight, up themselves folks maybe need to get a bit of life or accept that some folks like puerile humour and don’t take stuff so seriously all the time), just yours and others assertions that it is so.

maybe you need some self reflection to see why it irks you so? xx

brant
    Free Member

toys19 – Member
    which brand? email me if you wanna keep it secret…
    POSTED 15 MINUTES AGO # REPORT-POST

I think it was me at on one.

grum
    Free Member

I haven’t seen a single person think they’re special because they like surly stuff on here (lots expressing that they find it funny and uptight, up themselves folks maybe need to get a bit of life or accept that some folks like puerile humour and don’t take stuff so seriously all the time), just yours and others assertions that it is so.

And yet there you go acting all superior and slagging people just because they don’t share your opinions.

Judging by this thread Surly seems to be successfully trying to appeal to people with a hugely inflated sense of how much cooler and funnier they are than the average person, who apparently think that anyone who doesn’t share that opinion is an uptight square.

singlespeedstu

Or maybe they sell stuff to people because they’ve taken the time to make stuff that no one else does.

Some of you guys try to read far to much into stuff that’s as simple as buying a tyre/tube/ rim.
    When I buy a new tyre the last thing on my mind is will a randem person off the internet that i will never meet thing it’s cool.
    What i’m thinking is will this tyre do what i want it to do.

It’s just bikes nothing more nothing less.

Rorschach
    Free Member

Time for the spock button.

tazzymtb

grum- you have issues darling

toys19
    Free Member

brant – Member

toys19 – Member
    which brand? email me if you wanna keep it secret…
    POSTED 15 MINUTES AGO # REPORT-POST

I think it was me at on one.

Linky!!!

PP if it was Brant maybe you should bury yer hatchet as you are missing out… Love my macinato, would get a fat thing too if I didnt already have umpteen bikes.

grum
    Free Member

tazzymtb – Member

I have issues with people who actually think they’re better than others because of the brands of bike they prefer, yes.

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

tazzymtb – Member

Great retort.

Rorschach
    Free Member

I just have issues.

Rorschach
    Free Member

Rorschach
    Free Member

I have issues with people who actually think they’re better than others because of the brands of bike they don’t like, yes.

Rorschach
    Free Member

I’m getting this to 1000 -single handed….who’s in?

Rorschach
    Free Member

I’m struggling 😐

singlespeedstu

Grum.
    Don’t take this the wrong way but from what i’ve seen of some of your photos they’re pretty good.
    Why not start posts with some great pics and stuff in instead of being so down on stuff that you’re not into?

Each to there own but you do seem to seek out stuff you know you don’t like and start bitching about it.

I would love to see you put as much effort into starting positive threads as you do into this kind of pointless arguing.

Just a thought like.

tazzymtb

I have issues with people who actually think they’re better than others because of the brands of bike they prefer, yes.

I fear you have me mistaken, I don’t judge myself above or below others because of a bike brand that i don’t own; but because I am massively better than them, because I’m flipping awesome and you are such a square bear it pains me to even be the same virtual atmosphere as your bland beige, vanilla, wafflings about how much you hate nicheistas and attention whores. Your very existance produces an unbearable ennui.

Now I shall set up an alter to my greatness and demand sacrifice of tubby, middle aged, orange five riding, sandal wearers to appease my wrath.

FeeFoo
    Free Member

maybe you need some self reflection to see why it irks you so? xx

Loving tazzymtb’s patronising posts.
    See him sneer as he posts another one.

We know you’re crying inside and we hope you feel happier soon. Xx.

FeeFoo
    Free Member

Ooh he did another sneer as I was posting!

tazzymtb

coolhandluke
    Free Member

I love my Surly Karate Monkey. It just rides right.

I found the Surly blog quite amusing. I guess you either get it or you don’t. If you don’t, you never were going to be a Surly customer anyway so they don’t care if you are shocked by their approach.

You’ve got to admit it though, it got you talking about them and the only thing worse than being talked about is not being talked about.

bearnecessities

STOP.

This is getting silly. We’re all a nice bunch and this getting out of hand.

Take a moment…

..and end of thread..please.

FeeFoo
    Free Member

I’m out. It’s been fun.
    Byeeeeee.

singlespeedstu

Tazzy’s middle name is Cyril. 😆

tazzymtb

We’re all a nice bunch

you obviously haven’t met the beer drinking beardy nasty single speed boys in the corner…I bet they smoke as well….and they look odd….and don’t talk like us 😆

Edit: cheers stu, nice to see you also remember the raccoons 🙂

charliedontsurf

Does this help…?

I have a couple of dogs who help out in my shop: mainly eating biscuits and scaring delivery guys… But mine don’t have goggles. Surly dogs have goggles.. What does boardman bikes dog.look like?

Once again read what they wrote, it’s all tongue in cheek, obviously and blatantly tongue in cheek.

Some of the conclusions drawn from that blog are ludicrous. It’s just some blokes messing around, who happen to make remarkable bikes, and bits.

Ringo….

grum
    Free Member

I found the Surly blog quite amusing. I guess you either get it or you don’t. If you don’t, you never were going to be a Surly customer anyway so they don’t care if you are shocked by their approach.

Look, here’s how to say you like the blog post and Surly without coming across as a bit of tit. Some people on here should take note.

tazzymtb

dog with goggle…can’t get better than that. Although an owl wearing spats would be pretty damn cool

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Fuh shizzle, brah.

tazzymtb

“Loving tazzymtb’s patronising posts.”

don’t honestly see where i’ve been Patronising (defined as characteristic of those who treat others with condescension) anywhere? 😛

Edit: BLOOMINHECK did not expect an owl in spats *small round of applause for cfh*

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

As is often the case, those who wish to appear as not to care at all often care the most.

bearnecessities

If the inertia from these threads could be harnessed we wouldn’t need fossil fuels.

charliedontsurf

This is what counts….. Blokes messing around on bikes. Not bitching around on bikes… Messing.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Tazzy, if you need a sartorial Strigiforme, I’m your man.

scaredypants

Bloody hell ! – I’ve been on holiday since this thing started. Would never have guessed that this would be one of the “runners” (mind, it taps into a nice rich vein of posturing, one-upmanship and snobbery on all sides so in retrospect, … 😉 )

Good work on the owl there, flash !

(I only own a surly chainring: attitude-lite ? )

singlespeedstu

Blokes messing around on bikes. Not bitching around on bikes… Messing.

Charlie.

You could turn that into a sticker and send some to the moaners.

MrTall
    Free Member

Charlie, did the Krampus arrive on Friday as expected?

If yes has the build started?

RustySpanner

Two hundred!!!!

That is all. 😀

Viewing 40 posts - 161 through 200 (of 214 total)

The topic ‘Surly have got the right approach to customer service…’ is closed to new replies.