Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)
  • Surftrackmind, Accomodation in cornwall near the good bits…
  • Shergie
    Free Member

Not really sure about this surfing lark but fancy giving it a go, any recommendations great fully received – looking at Cornwall really. Camping on the beach would be cool but I’m not sure if your still allowed to do that?

ampthill

I leant to surf camping here

http://gwithianfarm.co.uk/campsite.htm

Its a walk through the dunes to the beach. Ideally you’ll rent a board for the whole trip. No one beach will cover all conditions possible but this worked well for us. We could walk to a pub as well

There are surf schools everywhere

jam-bo

Quality of waves doesn’t matter much when your first starting out. Anywhere flat and sandy will do. Pick somewhere that isn’t a hole like Newquay and you’ll do alright.

North coast is less likely to go flat in summer than south.

I’ve just had a week in sennen which was pretty nice. If its flat there then everywhere is.

hooja
    Free Member

North Coast is where its at…

I live near Bude and used to work here outdoor adventure
    Brilliant bunch of guys to learn with, great beach and good kit available.
    I also live next to this beach and another friend runs this surf school, equally as good and a very very nice quiet beach sandymouth

Also my house, 1.5 miles from the beach is available to rent ALL summer (holiday let).
    New build, green oak frame, eco house (hate that term but it does describe it well) with massive garden, surrounded by countryside and sea views… What more could you want 😉

Let me know if you want any info on any of the above, or i could point you in the right direction of some nice campsites. If you book lessons with OA or a similar company, try coasteering for a day too, bloody ace fun
    cheers

fenred
    Free Member

I’ve only ever surfed overseas but the general secret ‘shhhhh’ concensus appears to be a place starting with ‘C’ and ending in ‘e’ on the Devon coast for some lovely cheeky breaks 😉

nmdbasetherevenge
    Free Member

Croyde, yep at low tide 😉

jkomo

Is Polzeith in Cornwall. You can camp on the headland looking down on the surf and beach.
    Bad news the restaurant closed.
    Good news it reopened as an Indian!
    Bad news it’s expensive.

jam-bo

Croyde, yep at low tide

Perfect place to learn to surf…

hooja
    Free Member

If you like surfing with 1 million other people and spending the day looking for somewhere to park amongst the badly pimped T4’s hmmmmm croyde 😉

Pigface
    Free Member

We need Surfmatt he will tell you to “reo ’till your hips ache”

AWESOME

captaincarbon
    Free Member

Polzeath, look at Trewiston camp site. clean, good facilities, loads of space. There is a walk down through the golf coures to the beach, or a small drive down with the boards!

jimster
    Free Member

IIRC Gwenver the next cove to Sennen has a camp site on top of the cliff over looking the beach.

It also picks up more swell than Sennen, as said if it’s flat there it’s flatter everywhere else.

Croyde’s ok if you enjoy being ripped off, Saunton’s no better but the beach has plenty of peaks along it for beginners.

Completely different area – Llangennith on the Gower has camping and surf schools on the beach.

ampthill

If you like surfing with 1 million other people and spending the day looking for somewhere to park amongst the badly pimped T4’s hmmmmm croyde

No don’t go to Croyde or Newquay in the summer to learn to surf

At Gwythian I’ve taught my kids to surf with no one near us in the water. It felt safe and fun. At Croyde it would be a huge crush and not feel safe and fun. Winter is of course a different matter

wrightyson
    Free Member

@hooja,
    We’re currently looking for a weeks stay starting on 17th August, 2 kids 2 adults, quite happy to pay cash 😉
    Is your place available then?

hooja
    Free Member

hi wrighty,

It is at the moment but probably not for long. Havent officially advertised it yet this year but when it goes live, it normally books up straight away.
    Drop me an email (in profile) and i will send you some pics and details
    cheers

LoCo
    Free Member

Gwithan or Polzeath are pretty mellow and nice to learn at, where I go when I’m at the house down south 😀

oh it’s you # waves at Shergie 😛 You at Exposure?

wrightyson
    Free Member

Hooja ygm!

dingabell
    Free Member

Learn at Saunton (next beach along from Croyde). Bloody mahoosive beach with a nice gentle wave.

MrNutt
    Free Member

if you go to Sennen, take the road towards St Just and theres a farm (Gwenver?) on your left that has a cracking campsite and its a walk down to the beach.

Alternatively there’s this place http://www.harlynsurfschool.co.uk/

wallop

My dad lives just behind the beach at Gwithian 8)

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)

The topic ‘Surftrackmind, Accomodation in cornwall near the good bits…’ is closed to new replies.