Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Surfer types
  • brack
    Free Member

What size board for a big lad ?

16st

TheBrick
    Free Member

Its not just length. Two boards of the same length can have different volumes.

cloudnine
    Free Member

a big board..

Can you surf at all?

carlphillips
    Free Member

Board shape and volume and rider ability would be the factors to look at, for some good advice you can contact the guys at magicseaweed they will point you in the right direction.

Crell
    Free Member

If you’re asking this, 8′ +

trailhound
    Free Member

Foamie?

Pigface
    Free Member

Chops RIP has a Fat Boy Flyer in the Beach Beat Range, you will need volume but also the ability to paddle. Be honest about where you are and buy accordingly.

beefheart
    Free Member

Are you a beginner? Duh?

Seriously, you might be a big lad, but you might be awesome!!!!!

I’m guessing, you ARE NOT!!!!

You need the biggest board you can find, widest, longest etc.,

Bics are good for beginners.

Hope that helps, don’t mean to be patronising!

Capt.Kronos
    Free Member

lol – I have been looking at this from a similar standpoint. 9ft+ Cortez is looking good for me (bit heavier than you!)

Something like this is what I am thinking of:

Big Ass Board

I am very much a beginner, but was advised that buying a softboard would be a bit pointless by someone (other have said to go for it… whist others suggest it would be outgrown too quickly and get something a wee bit better for progressing on).

el-Gato-Negro
    Free Member

Volume!!
    Are you just starting out ? Mini Mal, easy. They’re great to learn on & once you get the hang of it you can either down size or go longboarding.
    They hold their value if you want to sell your board on.

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

im 15st and got a bic magnum 8ft4, its got plenty of volume, paddleable, tough, and very good value for money.

gavtheoldskater
    Free Member

Go get some lessons, hire some boards, then if you are not already put off by how damn hard it is, how frustrating uk surf conditions are and how much time is needed to actually lean the very basics you will be able to make a better call.

Beyond that, wherever you respect the locals, don’t drop in, don’t ditch your board and especially when floundering keep out the way.

Or just buy the t-shirt.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘Surfer types’ is closed to new replies.