Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 139 total)
  • Surfboards
  • ferrals
    Free Member

Jam bo x 100.

johnx2
    Free Member

you are over-complicating a simple decision. any foamie will be buoyant enough to float you.

I dunno, I think we can get this at least to “what foamie works best in the barrel?” What foamie for towing Eileen’s may be a step too far.

olddog

@molgrips I’ve got an old 9’6″ custom Mal that is really good beach break board and will catch everything. You can have it for nowt if you want to collect. I live near Leeds.

It’s one of many boards I own and I am being encouraged to empty out the garage!

ayjaydoubleyou

Dammit, after I’ve bought a motorbike thanks to weeksy’s threads, I’m going to have to get a surf board.

I live in berkshire, have a tiny car and far too many summer hobbies as it is.

big_n_daft
    Free Member

@molgrips I’ve got an old 9’6″ custom Mal that is really good beach break board and will catch everything. You can have it for nowt if you want to collect. I live near Leeds.

If molgrips doesn’t take this up I can offer a new forever home with a 10’4″ and a surfworx for company and a guaranteed trip to Croyde, Staunton, and Puts in August

molgrips
    Free Member

Very tempting olddog, will have to see if I can make the trip as it’s a long old way. On the other hand, post lockdown I might just do it for the change of scenery!!

olddog

No worries. It’s been taking up space in my garage for years so just let me know.

molgrips
    Free Member

So 9’6 is huge. I could get it in the roof rack, but can I get it on the roof rack AND four bikes?

simondbarnes

So 9’6 is huge. I could get it in the roof rack, but can I get it on the roof rack AND four bikes?

I very much doubt you’d get any surfboard and 4 bikes on a roofrack

This thread is making me want to go surfing. My lovely Nigel Semmens mini mal hasn’t been in the water for more than 15 years 🙁

molgrips
    Free Member

Surfboard and one bike?

simondbarnes

Surfboard and one bike?

That should be doable

Mister-P
    Free Member

A 9ft 6in will just fit in a SWB T5 if you poke the nose through the front seats.

molgrips
    Free Member

I may be after a surfboard but I draw the line at a T5.

giant_scum
    Free Member

Was out at Belhaven today, some good waves today.
    Youngest (15) on a BIC board said she had forgotten how good surfing is!
    No standing up though, I had a go. I am definitely too heavy for the board, so was pondering a foamie or a SUP.

jam-bo

I could get it in the roof rack, but can I get it on the roof rack AND four bikes?

What you need is a bodyboard…

jam-bo

Ironically, my next surf purchase is likely to be a hand plane and some Dafin kicks….

johnx2
    Free Member

…and after a shocker last night on the east coast, I’m going to sell my Rob Lion 6′ 4″ bonzer. Never liked it, sorry Rob. Was having a really shit session until I swapped for a 7’6″ mimimal (call a board what it is), whereupon I could do no wrong. I am unquestionably on my way back to a big beginner’s board.

big_n_daft
    Free Member

I am unquestionably on my way back to a big beginner’s board.

Nah just go longer, get into nose riding and cross stepping and make comments about kids who “don’t get it”

willjones
    Free Member

@olddog – I am in Leeds and have been (idly) looking for a big board for paddle boarding/trips to the coast with the kids …. let me know if the offer is transferrable and not taken up!

olddog

Happy for whoever to take the board. Will not work as a paddle board though, it’s a proper custom mal.

Surf’s really well for such a big board, fine for beginners in small surf but I’ve ridden it in overhead surf when I turned up wrongly gunned.

I’ll post some pictures when I can be arsed to drag it out of the garage.

molgrips
    Free Member

How much does this thing weigh? I’m still interested, just working out how I can transport the thing on family holidays.

olddog

What’s the easiest way to post photos?

PimpmasterJazz
    Free Member

In fact, anyone want to buy a karma log?

Ooo. What are the dims?

johnx2
    Free Member

What’s the easiest way to post photos?

Go to postimage.com upload and get a link, come back here and click on IMG…

Alternatively I’ll swing by and take it off your hands sight unseen and weight unknown and throw in a pint of creme de menthe*.

This is so I can start work on my cross dressing stepping, nose riding and soul arching, and whatever else you;ew meant to do whilst standing there on a tanker.

* Virtual.

olddog

Here we go. It weighs about 10 kg. Photos against family hatch for scale. I have a fin for it, but missing the screw plate that attaches it, but a quick Google suggests they are easily found for less than a fiver. I haven’t got a spare leash so you’d need to get your own. It’s in very used condition!! But works fine, the damage on the tail could do with being repaired, it’s pretty easy to do ypurself, but tbh gaffer tape works pretty well!

jam-bo

Please don’t ‘fix’ it with Gaffa tape, it’s not waterproof enough and it’ll just take on water and get even heavier. Even solarez would be preferable (get a UV torch to cure it properly)

Ooo. What are the dims?

9’4 I think but I doubt I’ll actually sell it. In fact I don’t think I’ve ever sold a surfboard, which may be why there are about 9 in the garage at the last count and I’m sure I have a couple more at a mates house.

johnx2
    Free Member

I don’t think I’ve ever sold a surfboard, which may be why there are about 9 in the garage at the last count and I’m sure I have a couple more at a mates house.

I have a shed where they go to die. I think I’ve got about eight.

jam-bo

I will surf them again. And if not my son is going to have an awesome quiver to pick from in a few years time…

big_n_daft
    Free Member

Dimensions are good for me, plenty of float an the tail repair not too hard

molgrips
    Free Member

Ok so Leeds is too far for me. Sorry to mess you about.

However if any of you hoarders are closer to me in South Wales I’d be keen to help you liberate some space. I’ll pay.

olddog

No worries molgrips. There must be loads of boards on garages doing nothing that could be passed on. I have 5 others, including two 9+ longboards and only ever one of the longboards and one other.

BignDaft you were next in the queue…

jam-bo

Facebook groups seem to be where the majority of second hand boards shift.

big_n_daft
    Free Member

Olddog

Thanks, does Monday evening suit?

I have a big seafins single that will fit this well

I’ll try and pm you

Molgrips, you get the odd bargain on fleabay, there are a few Facebook groups but the ones I am a member of have all gone really quiet, there was a guy who ran some form of board exchange but he stopped.

If I don’t get on with it I’ll post and see if you can intercept me on the way home from N Devon

molgrips
    Free Member

That would work for me, thanks. When are you going?

big_n_daft
    Free Member

Travelling back on the 29th August, obviously if I’m surfing like Gerry Lopez on it I’ll be keeping it, if I’m thrashing around like a paddle steamer go nowhere it’s yours

olddog

It’s a good board, pretty easy to get on with in any surf. Deserves to be used

See you Monday

PimpmasterJazz
    Free Member

9’4 I think but I doubt I’ll actually sell it. In fact I don’t think I’ve ever sold a surfboard, which may be why there are about 9 in the garage at the last count and I’m sure I have a couple more at a mates house.

😆

molgrips
    Free Member

Secret Spot are out of stock of everything cheap. How about this?

8″0 ft Hot Surf 69 Softboard Beginners Surfboard Package Deal Inc Bag/Leash/wax

jam-bo

Isn’t that where you started?

molgrips
    Free Member

Yes, but I’m about to buy it now after reading the thread in detail 🙂

Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 139 total)

The topic ‘Surfboards’ is closed to new replies.