Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Surf Forum
  • grantyboy
    Free Member

What’s a good surf forum to use?

Rubber_Buccaneer

You know the one Surf_Matt uses? Not that one.

Pook

Awesome

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    SprocketJockey
    Free Member

Not sure there is a STW surfing equivalent – surfers tend to spend more of their time doing their chosen sport rather than buying stuff / arguing about it. None of the big forums are all that active particularly if there is a decent swell!

MagicSeaweed is probably your best bet for general advice etc

http://community.magicseaweed.com/

I can remember when A1surf and Surfmagic used to be the main ones but the first is full of spam these days and the second one met it’s demise about 10 years ago.

There are some regional / local forums if you scout around though.

dashed
    Free Member

You could track down the mythical Swansea Surf Board 😆

Or failing that MSW, where you’ll get the usual forum whingers and self appointed experts as well as some useful stuff. Just like STW really.

I’d disagreed with the above though, surf is very condition dependant so surfers spend way more time waiting for surf (and posting on forums!) than actually doing it. The a long summer flat spell usually brings out some epic forum rows!

BillMC

http://www.coastalwatch.com/ is worth having on your favourites if you are familiar with breaks in Aus.

SprocketJockey
    Free Member

Swanseasurf- blimey is that still going? That used to be epically ranty. Wasn’t it run out of some shonky server locked in a cupboard in the Uni science block?

True about flat spells but I still don’t think there are any surf forums as active as STW. Last post on the main MSW forum was 9am this morning!

baronsamedi
    Free Member

😆 so we have people who know about the Swansea Board, it is still going but you have to be invited.

I like the term epically ranty 😆 its a lot quieter now 😆

bigblackshed

MagicSeaWeed is about it really. There are a lot less surfers than MTBers.

Actually the % of both who post on forums is only a small number. I work with a bloke who has been MTBing for 20+ years, he didn’t even know there were any magazines. He always bought Cycling and moaned about there being nothing that interested him. Gave him some old Singletracks. Happy chappy.

jam-bo

Is there a forum smurf-Matt hasn’t flounced from?

dashed
    Free Member

Yep, the mighty SSB is still in existence but a shadow of its former self sadly 🙁

grantyboy
    Free Member

cheers guys.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘Surf Forum’ is closed to new replies.