Surely they can’t be allowed to do this? (Warranty Claim)

Home Forum Chat Forum Surely they can’t be allowed to do this? (Warranty Claim)

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 45 total)
  • Surely they can’t be allowed to do this? (Warranty Claim)
  • AB

Right. Bought a pair of Ugg Boots for my wife from eBay over Christmas. They were purchased on eBay from a company called MoneySave4U, who are a division of Vetabet Leisure Ltd (Company Reg No. 4127845).

Just like the 3 pairs she has already – bought from high street stores – they came with a receipt and all the paper work, booklets, care cards etc. that her previous ones came with.

So after only 2 shots, she noticed the stitching has begun to come away from the onside of the ankle seem – it’s only a couple of centimetres at the moment, but she doesn’t want it to spread.

So I contact AMG who are the UK distributors, and who also handle warranty claims, and this is what they said:

“Thanks for your mail.

As the boots were purchased on E-bay we cannot accept them back as a return.

AMG Footwear Ltd are the exclusive distributors of UGG Australia in the UK and Ireland.

After long discussions with the brands in house legal dept, we have been instructed not to assist in on-line auction counterfeit claims. This is because we do not sell genuine products on these sites direct to the consumer, instead we only work with authorised retailer partners.

Sorry That in this case we are unable to assist.

Regards

xxxxxx xxxxxx
    Customer Service

AMG Group Ltd.”

Can they do this? The listing for the boots says all their goods are purchased from High Street retailers. I would have thought they would have to honour the warranty?

Any advice?

andym

You need to take this up with the eBay seller.

Yup – its nothing to do with the distributor. Its the retailer you need to go after

coffeeking

Yup, your issue is with the seller, it is their problem to get your a replacement or repair them.

richc

seems fair enough to me, you need to speak to the retailer.

freddyg

As above. Your contract is with the vendor, not the manufacturer.

ski

File a dispute with ebay/paypal if you paid that way?

Chances are paypal will reimburse you……………….eventually 😉

AB

Seller not responding to emails/phonecalls.

johnners

Your wife has 4 pairs of Uggs?

Premier Icon Drac
    Subscriber

Your wife has 4 pairs of Uggs?

3 pair and a pair of copies.

AMG are well within their rights.

AB

Johnners – that’s a WHOLE other issue! 😉

coffeeking

AB – Member

Seller not responding to emails/phonecalls.

But that’s not the distributors problem?

AB

CK – Didn’t say it was. Just thought if they were a genuine pair of Uggs with a receipt from a registered business – they would have to honour the claim.

coffeeking

CK – Didn’t say it was. Just thought if they were a genuine pair of Uggs with a receipt from a registered business – they would have to honour the claim.

But it has to go through the retailer, distributors rarely deal with the public directly.

freddyg

Have you contacted Vetabet?

Taken from 192.com:
    VETABET LEISURE LTD
    APOLLO
    LICHFIELD ROAD INDUSTRIAL ESTATE
    TAMWORTH B79 7TA
    Tel: 01827 53684

Taken from yell.com:
    Vetabet
    Unit 11
    Ariane
    Tamworth
    Staffordshire B79 7XF
    Tel: 01827 53684

hora

Isnt Ebay supposed to be cracking down on fakes on their site? Lots of hot PR-guff as they know they’re own sales would bomb if they removed/blocked all fake sales.

Just thought if they were a genuine pair of Uggs

you have explained it to yourself there. Ebay? Fake? never.

showerman

My company will not warranty anything off any auction site. as we require proof of purchase before any work is undertaken, If it has come from a regestered company they have to contact us on the customers behalf.

WTF

Fakes on Ebay shocker 😯

AB

I’m sure eBay is full of fakes, but HTF do you know the boots in question are fakes?

uplink

How did you pay for it?
    if Paypal, how did you fund the payment?

geetee1972

I’d be far more concerned that your wife even owns one pair of UGG boots, let alone three pairs and one pair of fakes (although why anyone would want to immitate something a fugly as UGG boots is beyond me!)

AB

GeeTee, my wife’s a slim, leggy blonde and the sight of her in Uggs and a short denim skirt is something to behold.

[GLOAT] BTW, before I conjure up the image of an ‘Essex Girl’, she’s also a IT Project Manager with 2 Masters Degrees – one in I.T. and another in Biomedicinal Chemistry and Pharmacology [/GLOAT]

AB

Tried a PayPal claim, but it’s just over the 45day claim limit.

uplink

How did you fund Paypal?

If by credit card you could try a chargeback

zaskar

Copies? So are some car and bike parts…

It’s with seller I’m afraid to agree with everyone.

How much did you pay?

they came with a receipt and all the paper work, booklets, care cards etc. that her previous ones came with.

People always seem surprised by this. Why would a company go to the trouble of making fake boots/DVDs/anything and not bother printing a few bits of paper or card to say that they’re genuine. The paper is easier to fake than the boots!

MrNutt

Uggs? I hate those boots, I can offer you no sympathy I’m afraid!

nukeproof

If you got 3 genuine pairs, can’t you compare them and detemine if they are fake or not? Fakes can be very good but they’ll still be differences.

r6ymy

If you’re sure they are genuine then do you have proof of purchase from any of the other three pairs?

sc-xc

they can look sexy…

MrNutt

they really are the shittest footwear ever conceived by mankind, a genuine low point in evolution. When I am king I shall ban the **** things.

ron jeremy

AB – Member

GeeTee, my wife’s a slim, leggy blonde and the sight of her in Uggs and a short denim skirt is something to behold.

can’t believe no one else has said it but

This thread is useless without pics

IGMC

Premier Icon garage-dweller
    Subscriber

write to the company’s registered office

254 TAMWORTH ROAD
    SOUTH KETTLEBROOK
    TAMWORTH
    STAFFS
    B77 1BY

(can get this from Companies House for free as its publically available info and should be valid for service of any notice)

oh and Uggs suck donkey &&&&

higgo

MrNutt – Member
    …they really are the shittest footwear ever conceived by mankind…

They’re bad but Crocs are worse.

Gary_M

Uggs aren’t still ‘in fashion’ are they?

GeeTee, my wife’s a slim, leggy blonde and the sight of her in Uggs and a short denim skirt is something to behold Have you any idea how tacky that sounds?

coffeeking

Have you any idea how tacky that sounds?

Its irrelevant really though, its his choice and his taste, yours is no more “right” than his!

Have you any idea how tacky that sounds?

I thought she sounded rather good 🙂 Bending over perhaps ?

Premier Icon molgrips
    Subscriber

AB, I’m sure she’d be even fitter in a pair of proper boots.

Gary_M

I think coffeeking must have the hots for her. But I think Peter Stringfellow might be more her type 😉

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 45 total)

The topic ‘Surely they can’t be allowed to do this? (Warranty Claim)’ is closed to new replies.