Viewing 16 posts - 41 through 56 (of 56 total)
  • Supposing it had all started the other way round. Yet another wheel size thread.
  • scotroutes

So – how long have you been unemployed?

epicyclo

dannyh – Member
    …So come on Britain, save your local boozer and give the bores back their raison d’etre.

OK, you’ve established you are not interested in this subject and we are so impressed by your superiority.

A bore is someone who butts in and starts talking about something other than the subject – which was:

What if they had instead started out by adding fatter tyres and flat handlebars to 700c cyclocross bikes?
    700c/29″ would have become the norm and 26″ would be seen as the industry conspiracy to get us all to buy new bikes.

It’s a wheel discussion, so leave it to those who find it interesting and go and help svalgis with its problem.

shermer75
    Free Member

So this would have to be the other way round, then?

(Courtesy of Mr Mikewsmith)

oxym0r0n

^Whaaat? (Edit: to the Whaka photo)

epicyclo

‘Nuff said.

dannyh
    Free Member

The kittens have been allowed to elect a spokeskitten and have read aloud a short statement.

“We didn’t ask to be put in this situation, but, if by some act of martyrdom we can put a stop to endless wheel size threads on singletrack, then we regard our sacrifice as serving the greater good. It is with heavy hearts that we therefore submit to this act, but only on the condition that no more wheel size threads are started on singletrack. You may proceed…..”

Strong stuff – I certainly wouldn’t want that on my conscience.

roverpig

I think wheelbases would be a lot longer than is the current trend, which would be no bad thing in my opinion.

ps. I’m allergic to cats.

dannyh
    Free Member

It’s alright folks – I’ve given up.

I’m off over to kickinganemptydrinkscandownthestreettrackworld.

I’ve heard they’ve got an on-going series of threads debating the relative merits of the 440ml can versus the 330ml. Apparently the 440ml rolls better when kicked low, but the 330ml flies straighter when kicked upwards as well as forwards.

Some crazy Europeans insist that the 275ml can is best, but only a few UK can-kickers agree. They feel hampered by the fact that they can only seem to access this can size by booking flights and paying for duty free beer.

PimpmasterJazz
    Free Member

jameso

Trails with recommended wheel sizes? That is bonkers.

dannyh
    Free Member

svalgis – Member

On a related note, what’s the best way to kill yourself while making as much of a mess as possible?

Shotgun, obviously.

Someone will be along shortly to wax lyrical about the relative merits of using a 0.22 inch bore versus a 2.0 inch. They will argue about exactly how dead you will be as a result of using one versus the other. And yes, pleasingly shotguns don’t come in calibres, they come in bores.

P.S. Can you please use a double-barrelled one – as there will hopefully be a second cartridge left for me when you’re finished.

Mike_D
    Free Member

Trails with recommended wheel sizes? That is bonkers.

Or, just possibly, a bit of guerilla sticker action 😉

Northwind

svalgis – Member

On a related note, what’s the best way to kill yourself while making as much of a mess as possible?

For a small fee, I’ll beat you to death with a shovel, how’s that sound? The good thing about using a shovel, is it makes it easy to chuck the giblets about afterwards.

kelvin

Look, if you’re not interested in a topic, don’t interject with your pointless noise. Go and read something else.

Now, if big wheels were default, would small sizes have been tried? Definitely. Would they have taken off big time? Maybe not. As a mass market product, it might have been hard to sell, “slower, trickier, livelier, more involved.” Unless of course BMX was cool at the time that the introduction was tried. Hard to tell, as would have to be sold on something other than measured performance I expect. Which is odd, because in reality, most riders just ride for fun, not for timed runs.

roverpig

It’s worth bearing in mind that the man made bike trails we ride were built around 26″ bikes. If we’d started with 29ers those trails would be different.

fallsoffalot
    Free Member

the braking bumps of 29″ wheels be like rollers for my 26″ wheels ?

Viewing 16 posts - 41 through 56 (of 56 total)

The topic ‘Supposing it had all started the other way round. Yet another wheel size thread.’ is closed to new replies.