Viewing 6 posts - 41 through 46 (of 46 total)
  • superstitious?
  • yunki
    Free Member

it’s bad luck to be superstitious..

xcgb
    Free Member

If I see a magpie in the morning I always say “Good morning Mr Magpie, how are the wife and kids?”

Yes thats is thats what my mates say and salute!

Utter bonkers batshit crazy!

GrahamS

Don’t you reckon there are more magpie about these days, than when you were a kid??

Yep. And so do the RSPB:

”Since World War II, magpie numbers have increased. Their numbers trebled from 1970 to 1990, since when they have become more stable.”

Evil birds, but don’t tell them I said so.

Ro5ey
    Free Member

“Evil birds, but don’t tell them I said so. “

But only when there is one of them, two is fine … 😉

CountZero

With all this talk of Magpies…

Don’t you reckon there are more magpie about these days, than when you were a kid??

There were a few years ago, but I see far fewer now. I do see a lot more Jackdaws, and more Jays around than I used to. I see a lot more Ravens around, in fact I had to go to France to see my first one, in ’95, and the Brecon Beacons, but I’m seeing them around Lacock, Chippenham, Avebury, Maiden Bradley…
    Quite a comeback for the biggest of the Corvidea. And supposedly a bird of ill-omen, probably because of Odin’s birds, Hugin and Munin, and as battlefield carrion scavengers.
    I love ’em, myself.

yunki
    Free Member

There were a few years ago, but I see far fewer now. I do see a lot more Jackdaws, and more Jays around than I used to.

I’m knee deep in Jackdaws, Jays, Magpies and Buzzards every time I step outside the front door..

Viewing 6 posts - 41 through 46 (of 46 total)

The topic ‘superstitious?’ is closed to new replies.