• This topic has 9 replies, 8 voices, and was last updated 11 years ago by djp.
Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Superstar XCR – am I doing something wrong?
  • rj
    Free Member

I’ve had one of these for a few months and it has worked OK, but over the last month I’ve been dropping my chain numerous times on every ride. No amount of mucking about with it seems to help. Anyone else had similar problems and managed to fix it?

summitchilterns
    Free Member

How much? 🙂

enduro
    Free Member

i’d see a doctor if i were U.
    lol

takisawa2

Has it rotated forwards a bit ?

Gotama
    Free Member

Yep, i’d sell it if i were you.

Gotama
    Free Member

Bah, mods moving the post have made me look silly now 😳

DaveyBoyWonder
    Free Member

Things to check:
    – not rotated too far forwards?
    – chain in middle of cassette – is the chain central in the guide?
    – is the guide ‘block’ low enough down to be wrapped around the chainring?
    – is your chain too long?

I never had a problem with mine but seen numerous things on here to suggest others have. Odd its just started happening…

scottfitz
    Free Member

🙄 same as above mine works fine
    Should look like pic in this post: http://singletrackworld.com/forum/topic/superstar-xcr-chain-guide-does-this-look-right

rj
    Free Member

Chain’s fairly central, I’ve tried it rotated forward, back and in the middle and my chain’s the right length. The chain is able to get between the guide and chainring, possibly the guide has worn a bit and there’s too much clearance.

djp
    Free Member

I take it you have checked the chain for bad links or worn quick link? or possibly a bent tooth on the chain ring could also be enough.. fine when riding round the yard then off as soon as you hit the rough stuff

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Superstar XCR – am I doing something wrong?’ is closed to new replies.