Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Superstar Wheel Build – Delays?
  • scandal42
    Free Member

Has anyone else been waiting for longer than the advertised build time?

I have been waiting for mine for 11 days now and they haven’t moved on from being sent to the wheel builder. I have never had issue with SS before and go to them for loads of bits but after one email on Friday saying they were being built and posted on that day I’m getting bit annoyed?

Anyone else waiting?

Suggsey
    Free Member

Hi I emailed them a couple of days ago as I want mine delaying on dispatch to make sure I’m about to relieve them. Had a reply today apologising for slow customer response due to staff shortages and they’d put a note on my order to aim for a slightly delayed deliver date. I would imagine that they are absolutely stacked out based on the recent MBUK review and the fact that they were doing 10% off at the checkout so a decent XC/Trail wheel set only cost £166 for the pair! For that sort of money, I for one am willing to put up with a delay! Also note there’s only one member of staff in customer services at this time and they are responding to emails etc in chronological order as fast as they can so I would just say be as patient as possible.
    I know that may not be what you wanted to hear but let’s face it, they are ridiculously cheap for what you’re getting!

robware
    Free Member

Not so encouraging news. Just ordered a set and a half myself. Though I’d rather know about delays now than get annoyed about it later. I got an email yesterday stating their current lead time is 2-5 days.

Given what Suggsey has said, I guess it’s fair enough.

fr0sty125
    Free Member

Time of year and offer on custom wheelsets….

scandal42
    Free Member

I understand when companies get busy, that’s life and good for them, although when running an offer on custom builds they should know to expect an increase in business for those products and possibly increase build time in accordance?

I wouldn’t be bothered if they had replied to my email with similar to what Suggsey received, but to tell me ‘being built today and shipped out this afternoon’ when in fact they haven’t even been built yet (5 days later) seems a bit poor form, plus no response since.

I’m just a bit frustrated as my need build can’t continue until they arrive and it’s sitting in the front room waiting to be completed and I’ve just had two days off.

Grrrr and all that

Suggsey
    Free Member

Ride your other bike……you are a rider of n+1 surely 😆

scandal42
    Free Member

I am indeed, but that information did nothing to improve the validity of my most disgusted feelings 😮

Suggsey
    Free Member

😆

granny_ring

When they have a sale on expect it to take longer, mine did earlier in the year when they had the last one.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Superstar Wheel Build – Delays?’ is closed to new replies.