Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • SuperStar wheel bearing issue
  • therealhoops
    Free Member

It’s a bit of a shocker I know but I’ve got a ‘knock’ in my front Switch hub after fewer than 2 months riding. It seems proportional to how tight the Maxle is tightened but it never goes away completely. The adapters are a snug fit so I’m 99% sure one of the 6804 bearings has lost interest. Either way I’ll order some new ones today.

Are there any tricks to getting them out apart from the usual “socket-set’n’hammer” approach?

JohnClimber
    Free Member

Why don’t you ask Superstar directly?

Surely they can answer you correctly and quickly,

warpcow
    Free Member

Either drift them out or use the proper tool. Mine were easy enough just with a hammer and drift.

nealy
    Free Member

See this http://singletrackworld.com/forum/topic/superstar-evo-bearings-and-removelinstall-tool#post-4759978

Since then I’ve had to replace the front bearings again and the rear too so I don’t rate Katec bearings, I’m not convinced they were genuine EZO…

I now get all my bearings from AK bearings now, great service and you know what you’re getting, just remember to pop the seals off and fill them with waterproof grease. Take your pick, I went for the INA ones http://www.akbearings.co.uk/search.asp?strKeywords=6804&submit.x=0&submit.y=0&submit=%BB

therealhoops
    Free Member

cheers nealy, I found the AK site last night and pondered the cheap and cheerful option. Think I’ll go for the INA ones as I’ve used them before.

nealy
    Free Member

I’ve put the cheapest ones in the back as I was feeling tight and they’ve been fine although not in that long, they’re easier to get at to pop off the seals if they get muck in them. I can’t get at the front without pushing the bearings out which knackers them anyway so went with the best.

pitduck
    Free Member

just for balance my katec bearings are still sweet after 3 years 🙂

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘SuperStar wheel bearing issue’ is closed to new replies.