Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Superstar Headsets
  • deviant
    Free Member

I’m close to assembling all the bits and pieces for my build, its being done on a budget so i’ve been looking at the zero-stack headset from Superstar, seems to fit the bill at less than £30 and says it has replaceable bearings….anyone on here had any experience of these?

Its this one:

http://superstar.tibolts.co.uk/product_info.php?cPath=25&products_id=114

….or would i be better off flushing £30 down the loo?!

andyl
    Free Member

I’ve got the tapered version which probably has the same upper part.

Has been absolutely fine so far this year in mud and dry conditions.

Only problem is no attempt to provide a lower seal between the crown race and the lower cup to protect the bearing and my crown race is not split. the one on that one might be and the replacement for mine is.

but I guess lack of seal also means no seal for dirt to get stuck behind and the bearings have their own seals so just make sure you remember to service it along with other parts of your bike. Replacement bearings and crown races are also nice and cheap with none pi$$ taking prices like other makes. I think a lot of problems with headsets are the people that fit them.

steezysix
    Free Member

Not used the one you’re talking about, but will probably get one to go in my Mega frame when that arrives – good reviews on the website though and I’ve been super happy with my Uno headset from them. It’s been going 3 years, easy to change bearings (done it once since I’ve had it) and loads of colour choice! I think Superstar have pretty poor customer service but I’ve been happy with the products I’ve got from them.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    deviant
    Free Member

Cheers for that, will get one ordered then!

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘Superstar Headsets’ is closed to new replies.