superstar floating rotors

Home Forum Bike Forum superstar floating rotors

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • superstar floating rotors
  • Be prepared for the carrier nuts on the spider to foul on your caliper or adapter mount.

Premier Icon akira
    Subscriber

I’m just about to take mine off because of the rubbing and faff, not sure if its just me but they don’t feel very nice in use. Brakes feel a bit dead in comparison to the avid rotors I had on. You get what you pay for and braking us one place I think its worthwhile spending the money on.

Premier Icon muddydwarf
    Subscriber

Found out yesterday my rear Hayes rotor is buckled so i took the opportunity to treat myself to some brightly coloured floating versions from Superstar…

Now, i find their pads to come up on the thicker side than regular Hayes pads, do their rotors do the same?

Bit worried they won’t fit now!

Premier Icon muddydwarf
    Subscriber

I have Hayes Stroker Trail brakes, and whilst powerful enough ive never been able to get them set up how i like. No matter how i bleed them there is always a lot of lever travel, whereas i like my brakes to bite almost instantaneously. Strangely, its only with SS new pads that i get the response i like.
    I do have IS to PM converters though, this could be a problem!

Kato

I have them and they’re fine. No rubbing or anything like that. Hope Pro2 hub and Hope X2 calipers

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘superstar floating rotors’ is closed to new replies.