Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Superstar Double Chain device, or other recommendations?
  • scant
    Free Member

http://superstar.tibolts.co.uk/product_info.php?cPath=56&products_id=336
    the single review for this chain guide isnt too encouraging. is it anygood, or are there better for similiar money?

stevede
    Free Member

Blackspire Stinger has been the default choice value for money option for years, no experience of superstars offering but can def recommend the stinger.

rob-jackson
    Free Member

my superstar one was shit

Latest Singletrack Videos
    _tom_
    Free Member

I’m using an E13 DRS Heim 2 or something like that.. it works ok but my chain still comes off sometimes. Was mostly fine for uk riding though.

kayak23

The superstar one doesn’t seem so tough backplate-wise and the wheel isn’t as good. I’d get the blackspire fo sho…

Lummox

After 6 months and this week completing a four day trip In the Alps I can safely say that the superstar chain device is a cracking device. I’ve been thrashing the wotsit out of it and I’ve dropped a chain inside once!

You’d be daft to pay more, I know the two chaps with e13 devices are a bit gutted after their multiple drops.

scant
    Free Member

thanks guys 🙂

Munqe-chick
    Free Member

Blackspire seems to be a better executed version of the same thing but doesn’t work in every set up. My iscg works perfectly but the BB mount I tried on a different bike fouled in the chain ring bolts (raceface crank, which some others have had probs with). Odd that they use 3mm plate when it replaces a 2.5mm spacer, is 2.5mm plate that difficult to get?!

kimbers

i have a dmr one which has been faultless

i did have to hacksaw off the top part as it fouled the swing arm on my kona

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Superstar Double Chain device, or other recommendations?’ is closed to new replies.