Superstar Components Pads

Home Forum Bike Forum Superstar Components Pads

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)
  • Superstar Components Pads
  • Premier Icon nickjb
    Subscriber

I’ve used kevlars exclusively for the last couple of years. Seem to last OK and work OK

Check out discobrakes.com

4 pairs of Kevlar pads and free postage for £20

shindiggy

Kevlar pads have been great in my tech m4s

motozulu

Have only ever used sintered – what’s the story with Kevlar then? kinder to the rotors maybe?

kevlar in my xtr trail – lack bite and power – cheap for a reason.

back to shimano oem now 🙂 power power power………and loads of bite. lovely !

Never had a problem with the pads but frequently find the tolerances of the pad holders to be way out and make fitting a hassle

jonba

Sintered here, always. They last longer in the muddy goop. Been as good as OEM and anything else I’ve used.

Premier Icon mrelectric
    Subscriber

^^ +1.

Superstar A++

Premier Icon gar69
    Subscriber

just about to buy some more pads and wondered if anyone had forked out the extra cash and bought susperstars kevlar or sintered pads and what if any difference they saw between them and the organic.
    I normally go for organic (cheapest) but with this bloody weather have been ripping through them !

Premier Icon Davesport
    Subscriber

Got a set of sintered in my niche-tastic Pugsley. They’re great I’m happy to say. I bought four sets for about twenty quid as an experiment & honestly wasn’t expecting much for my dosh.

Can’t comment on the kevlar pads. Me being a cycnic smell kevlar tainted snake oil 8) I’d definitely buy the sintered pads again.

D.

Premier Icon gar69
    Subscriber

Thanks, may have a try of the sintered pads, just worry they may feel a bit wooden

hambl90

Superstar sintered here as well

sv

Tried the kevlar ones but they glazed over – twice. Organic and sintered have been fine from them. I like the Ceramic Pro Disco brake pads though, soft but great power.

_tom_

Been using SS sintered pads in my Avids since about 2010 and no problems thus far.

andymc06

Used sintered and kevlar. The sintered are long lived but the kevlar last well and give better power and feel. Resin are almost pointless in this climate.

Premier Icon muddydwarf
    Subscriber

SS pads do seem to come up somewhat thicker than OEM pads for some reason though, so fitting could be tricky.

Premier Icon scaredypants
    Subscriber

That link up there has no boobs in it at all 🙁

headpotdog

Superstar sintered pads FTW. Not wooden feeling at all and a bargain too 🙂

Premier Icon gar69
    Subscriber

sintered it is then ! thanks for the help ……. probably stop raining once they arrive 🙄

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)

The topic ‘Superstar Components Pads’ is closed to new replies.