Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • Superstar Brake Hose
  • robh

Hi, hoping to get a constructive review rather than the usual SS bashing.
    Has anyone used the SS brake hose with Hope brakes and Hope connectors, if so did you use the 5 or 6 mm fittings and how has the hose been, any comments or should I just go with Hope or Goodridge hose?

Cheers.

robh

Anyone?

Northwind

Can’t speak for the Hope setup but I’m using their kit for Formula, not much to say about it really, it works exactly like the original Formula hose (may in fact be exactly the same). The banjos etc are different- a bit less refined, and a bit heavier, but still perfectly functional, and interchangable.

legend
    Free Member

Using their kit with Shimano here. As Northwind says, they’re a bit chunkier looking but work absolutely fine

zangolin
    Free Member

Used SS hoses with Hope V2 Techs.
    Used the standard 5mm Hope fittings no problem – just added new Hope olives.
    V2’s had the Hope silver braided hoses on originally.
    Hoses have been fine + trouble free.
    Would buy again.

sv

Yep work well with my Shimano brakes.

robh

Cheers, think I’ll buy some nice bright blue hose then.

Northwind

Ah, I should have mentioned mine were black… Coloured ones will probably perform just the same, but they’ll look stoopid 😉

joao3v16
    Free Member

I’ve got Hope brakes with SS hose & fitting kit.

No probs, performance feels at least as good as the original Hope braided hoses I replaced.

Goodridge hose kits are (in my opinion) overrated.

michaelbowden

I’ve used the red and the clear with standard Hope fittings on two bikes all fine here

M1llh0use
    Free Member

Horror story here.

Avid kit with connectors. Failed every time I applied the brakes, hose shot out past olive spraying fluid everywhere.

But it was a year ago so they may have changed the design…

GaVgAs
    Free Member

I have superstar hoses on hope m4s,they are spot on and look best in black.. 😉

andyl
    Free Member

they do clear hose? cool. Could be useful too.

Do any of the bnjo fittings work with normal style shimano brakes? (XT775 specifically)

smiff
    Free Member

anyone successfully fitted these hoses to Elixirs, and if so which connectors did you use please? (SS, original, something else?) thanks.
    my hoses are damaged and not sure which brands work with Elixir.. Clarks stainless hose is cheap at CRC but not sure about their fittings. and Goodridge are £30 per brake, too expensive.

Ambrose

Fitted to my Avid Frankenbrake setup. No problems whatsoever, I’m very srrprised at Millhouse’s tale of woe.

Top tip- have some spare olives, just in case.

composite
    Free Member

I used blue hose with X2’s and the tech lever. Didn’t bother with the extra kit just reused everything that came off the old hoses, even the old olives.

smiff
    Free Member

so you can just buy olives + hose and reuse everything else?
    i meant to say i was looking at the 5 layer braided hose for the colours (yeah tragic i know) so not sure if this causes fitting problems being thicker or something.

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)

The topic ‘Superstar Brake Hose’ is closed to new replies.