• This topic has 26 replies, 19 voices, and was last updated 3 years ago by daern.
Viewing 27 posts - 1 through 27 (of 27 total)
  • Superstar – anyone ordered stuff recently?
  • Mowgli
    Free Member

Ordered some stuff two weeks ago and other than the automated order acknowledgement, not heard anything. The phone number doesn’t work, the person who manages their facebook account suggested I email them, and emails not getting answered. Would be interested to know if anyone else has ordered and received stuff in the past couple of weeks.
    Cheers,

cheers_drive

Neil was on here a few days back

uggski

Ordered a Chainring a couple of weeks ago. Took a bit longer than normal to get here but nothing out of the ordinary at the moment. No real comms from them though. Just turned up. No notice of despatch.

Mowgli
    Free Member

Cool, I’ll sit tight then. Cheers.

davros

Hello thankyou for your email.

Unfortunately, due to coronavirus we are working on an extremely limited staff and we are focussing on shipping goods rather than admin updates.

We are only shipping 2 days a week now. Please allow enough time for your package to arrive and please do not send update request emails until at least 10 working days has passed FROM THE DESPATCH DATE as all this does is slow us down from shipping products. DESPATCH DATES AND STATUS UPDATES CAN BE FOUND BY LOGGING INTO YOUR ACCOUNT ONLINE. The mail services are under huge pressure so are not delivering as quick as before the crisis. We deal with emails in date order to be fair to everyone so sending multiple emails again slows it down for everyone.

Returns are quarrantined before our staff will handle them so returns are taking approx. 5-8 working days currently. Please do not ask for returns status updates, everything is posted directly into your account online as they are processed.

Our manpower has been redirected at the moment to the manufacturing side of the business where we make high tech 5axis CNC parts for the medical industry which I am sure you would agree is a priority.

We apologise for the inconvenience at this difficult time.

Aidy
    Free Member

Ordered a couple of things. Bearings arrived several days before the email to tell me they’d been posted.

Still waiting on some wheels, but they were a pre-order, hoped to see them by now, but not concerned.

yetidave
    Free Member

chainring ordered. Straight away I got an email saying the same as above, so wasnt expecting fast delivery. Arrived after about 5 days of the order being processed. Two days later got an email to say it had been dispatched.

poah
    Free Member

ordered stuff on Monday got the dispatch email this morning. wither or not they are actually dispatched in another matter. leisure lakes have got me stuff next day with DPD, CRC are useless with hermes and RM is flaky at the mo. If its out my RM then who knows when I’ll get it.

Not like I can go and ride much anyway so in no real hurry but still hate the wait.

scruff
    Free Member

I just got some stuff pretty quickly, arrived before the dispatch email.

drewd

I ordered some end caps last week, they arrived on Monday and I got the dispatch email today.

I’m happy enough with that given the current circumstances.

kula72
    Free Member

I got some pads, took nearly 2 weeks. chainring a week. so not as quick as usual but everything has arrived in the end without chasing.

Mowgli
    Free Member

Just got an email from them. Apparently they are using their CNC machines for medical equipment at the moment which is why the hubs I’ve ordered haven’t actually been dispatched/finished yet. Ah well.

Davesport

I ordered some stuff from them, got the email above once I’d pushed the button. So, I wasn’t full of hope about a speedy delivery but three days later my order arrived.

joebristol

My experience is the same as a lot of peeps above – saw the discount on pedals so bought some nanos for £35 delivered. Had the email saying things were slow and to wait at least 10 days or so – 2 days later the pedals came through the letterbox. Impressed tbh.

Sonor
    Free Member

Ordered a free hub, got the email response above, so was expecting a bit of a wait, turned up a few days later.

cogwomble
    Free Member

I’ve had some pedals recently and they appeared quickly.

cogwomble
    Free Member

Oh and some hubs, which also appeared quickly.

kerley
    Free Member

I received a chainring in about 5 days. Got the email about 2 days a week, CNC machines being used for NHS equipment etc,. Guessing that if item on shelf and doesn’t need to be manufactured then just takes a bit longer to dispatch due to the 2 days thing.

twinklydave

Ordered some wheels on 4th – got the “7 – 10 days” email, which included the info about having reduced staff & producing stuff for the NHS.

They’ve not turned up / been posted yet, but I imagine – as others have mentioned above – ‘on the shelf’ parts will probably stil get sent pretty quickly, things that need to be put together/manufactured to order will take longer. I’d rather wait and get something done properly than something rushed to send out quickly 🙂

poah
    Free Member

mine arrived

headset, brake adaptor and rotor bolts

Mowgli
    Free Member

Three weeks on and my order has been ‘sent to the wheelbuilder’. Will be interested to see what I end up with, as I only ordered hubs…

fooman

I’d almost forgotten that I’d ordered some wheels on the 1st, good job I’m not in a hurry…

twinklydave

😂
    I’m on day 14 of the 7 – 10 working day build time. (Ordered on 1st, “sent to wheelbuilders” on 4th)

Did send a (polite!) email on Friday checking everything was OK – I’m in no rush (tub wheels for CX, which is months off at best!) and am happy to wait as long as I know there’s no issues – no reply yet.
    Sure he’s just very busy.

stevemuzzy
    Free Member

Chainring and bolts. In stock. Delivered in 4 days. Happy. Still amazes me how quick some businessess are getting stuff out when a first class letter to my mum (picture kids drew for her as cant see het etc.) took over a week.

sprocker
    Free Member

My warranty replacement rear wheel was sent to the wheelbuilder on 23 April. Still no sign.

fooman

I’d almost forgotten that I’d ordered some wheels on the 1st, good job I’m not in a hurry…

Arrived today, though the event I was building a bike for has been cancelled!

daern
    Free Member

Chainring and bolts. In stock. Delivered in 4 days. Happy. Still amazes me how quick some businessess are getting stuff out when a first class letter to my mum (picture kids drew for her as cant see het etc.) took over a week.

Getting stuff next day from all couriers now, including Amazon Logistics. Royal Mail seem to be taking a week on pretty much everything, regardless of whether it’s 2nd class, or 24-hour. It’s a bit frustrating when you are waiting for something… 🙁

Viewing 27 posts - 1 through 27 (of 27 total)

The topic ‘Superstar – anyone ordered stuff recently?’ is closed to new replies.