Viewing 22 posts - 1 through 22 (of 22 total)
  • Superman v. Batman
  • SaxonRider

With the unprecedented comic con coverage, I was interested to learn that Superman is still the number one most popular superhero.

WTF?!?

Am I the only person to have noticed that the very premise of Superman is stupid? I mean, you basically have a god-like person, with every conceivable power, versus a rich guy (Lex Luther) with ambiguous reasons for being evil.

Uh huh. Zeus versus Richard Branson (if Branson was bad, which he’s not. At least not as far as I know.). That sounds like a fair fight.

Batman at least has psychological complexity, and his enemies are more evenly matched.

In the end, it just has to be Marvel, film or no film.

wrecker
    Free Member

In his day, Christopher Reeve could have beaten the snot out of Christian “mummywacker” Bale.

kimbers

branson is as evil as they come, hes been milking the taxpayer in rail subsidies for years

hes lex luthor with hair afaic

he even has a bond villain island

zilog6128

Superman just edges ahead by having a slightly cooler logo.

Coyote
    Free Member

No. Superman does NOT have a cooler logo.

Cougar

We’ll probably find out who’s the daddy soon anyway, as it’s been confirmed that Batman will be in the next Superman movie.

zilog6128

Does Bon Jovi have a batman tattoo? No. Case dismissed.

camo16
    Free Member

Superman IMO is well past his sell-by. Even the name Superman sounds lame… he might as well have been called Splendidman or Smashingman. 😯

Meanwhile, Batman is trying too hard to be moody and cool. He wants to be the guy who never chats at parties, but pulls the hottest chicks anyway because he’s the strong and silent type. He does all this to convince impressionable people that he has

psychological complexity

Both are losers who clearly hope that saving people and foiling evil plots will somehow plug the gaping hole in their saddo lives.

Junkyard
    Free Member

Superman is the most powerful batman the coolest and more interesting

Put it this way you would rather go for some beers with Batman but if a fight kicks of you stand behind superman

kimbers

I was more intrigued by the rumour that they were gonna make a batman of the future (aka batman beyond) movie

It was an excellent TV series !

breatheeasy
    Free Member

Superman has to be better as the only disguise he needs is a pair of glasses that transforms him into mild mannered Clark Kent.

tomhoward

Superman IMO is well past his sell-by. Even the name Superman sounds lame… he might as well have been called Splendidman or Smashingman.

Or surfmat.

Batman wins as he has the coolest gadgets and toys.

Superman just edges ahead by having a slightly cooler logo

Really? Disagree!

Pigface
    Free Member

Dont read the comics but surely Superman is unkillable, kryptonite doesnt kill him just weakens him. A guy in a mask called Bane battered Batman so bad a girl had to save him.

Batman is way cooler IMO

convert

Which on, upon finding they had been boffing your wife, would you be quietly impressed with a tiny bit of man crush? For me, Batman – but not Adam West Batman – I’d be straight off to the std clinc as who knows what he picked up from that dirty little Robin!

oliverd1981
    Free Member

Which on, upon finding they had been boffing your wife, would you be quietly impressed with?

Presuming that they not both involved at once..

I reckon if they found that a seductress had tempted them to cuckold a righteous man that they’d be overcome with remorse and easy to defeat.

Batman would only ever win in a whisper-off. But he’s still cooler.

maccruiskeen

Am I the only person to have noticed that the very premise of Superman is stupid? I mean, you basically have a god-like person, with every conceivable power,

He wasn’t always like that – in the early days he was just strong and fast – a super version of the rest of us, not a magical version. Thats why he’s dressed like a circus strong man – he was a strong guy who could run and jump about good. The flying and laser eyes and the rest are later additions.

prettygreenparrot

Superman’s super powers are just a bit too much. OK, he can’t save everyone all the time but he gets pretty close. And his home world was destroyed by an exploding sun/environmental catastrophe/moral turpitude so we get to feel sad for him as an orphaned Kryptonian. But Batman is cooler. Privileged background, parents gunned down in mugging/hit and a terrible fear of the dark and bats overcome as he strives to bring (violent) justice to his world. Plus Batman has fancy gadgets and attainable ‘super powers’ whereas Superman is just that, a Superman. Still, it could be worse. Imagine if Superman had been called ‘Ultraman’.

CountZero

In his day, Christopher Reeve could have beaten the snot out of Christian “mummywacker” Bale.

Yeah? Maybe when he was filming The Machinist.
    Never rated Superman even as a kid, I preferred Green Lantern, and Spider-Man.

samuri
    Free Member

if Branson was bad, which he’s not. At least not as far as I know.

You’ve never used Virgin Media have you?

Obviously in any rightous world, Batman would win. He is way, way cooler than superman who’s a bit of a nerd (not a geek). Unfortunately, Superman has been gifted with powers way in advance of batmans so he’d win.

Northwind

Superman’s just a fundamentally boring character. There’s a reason superhero stories spend so much time establishing their characters’ weaknesses, or taking away their powers temporarily.

For an explanation of why Superman sucks balls… NSFW…

molgrips
    Free Member

Look. Superman is a philosophical concept personified. That’s what makes it interesting. The whole thing is allegorical. The fact that he is not human is significant too – he’s just a reflection of the good side of humanity. That’s why Kent is such a square.

Batman otoh.. Interesting guy, but just a guy.

kimbers

im sure that batman beat superman with a kryptonite arrow

Viewing 22 posts - 1 through 22 (of 22 total)

The topic ‘Superman v. Batman’ is closed to new replies.