Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Superguard Treatment on a Car
  • wombat

Is it worth having?

The cynical bit of me (which is a fairly significant proportion when people are trying to sell me stuff) makes me think that its snake oil but I could potentially be convinced otherwise by the great and good of STW…

nickharv

Not worth having from a dealer on a new car, way over-priced and often not applied correctly.

nickharv

If you want a coating applied to improve the finish of your car, then find a decent local detailer, Detailing World is the place to look.

nickewen
    Free Member

Aye way overpriced. I got it for free after a cock up with my new car and didn’t think it was much different to having had a good wax. If it’s for nowt take it otherwise take it for a new car detail somewhere local as above.

renton
    Free Member

Load of shite if you ask me ?

Far better to give a car a good wash and wax yourself.

dmck16
    Free Member

Got a Diamondbrite application thrown in when buying my car new – presuming similar to Superguard.

Not sure what the fuss is about. Certainly wouldn’t pay extra for it.
    My trusty Collinite wax gives better results.

P-Jay
    Free Member

The dealer ‘threw in’ Superguard when we bought my Wife’s car – by ‘throw in’ he meant just that it was in a box in the boot along with details of where to watch a how-to video.

It’s a sponge with a small bladder of liquid wax inside you cut with a Stanley knife and sponge on and buff off again. Plus a tube of the wax for “topping up” a can of foam that dissolves bird shit and some little packets of “PH neutral” car shampoo. I’m no detailing 2 bucket botherer, but I didn use to clean cars for a living – there was nothing about it that said “I’m worth £300” I guess most of the value is labour.

Anyway, it’s a IMHO it’s a pretty ordinary bit of car prep stuff – I’d be more inclined to buy the kit, they seem to be £30 on eBay et al and do it myself. It took me about an hour to do it really carefully.

wombat

Thanks for the swift replies folks, the STW view is very much what I was expecting. I shall act accordingly… 😀

somouk
    Free Member

As an ex pro detailer I’d agree with the above. The car is never prepped properly, the products are generally poor and you could get a lot better for the money.

chewkw
    Free Member

Are you referring to the Ceramic Pro 9H? 😛

I want to try Ceramic Pro …

[video]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1Bftt4Eqibo[/video]

Nahhh …just checked the price and it’s bloody expensive so I am out … 😆

I shall stick to normal Simoniz wax … 😀

But if you are driving an Audi you must apply ceramic pro …

[video]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YZBhYhAwOA0[/video]

rocketman
    Free Member

For balance, it was free included in the price on Mrs rocket’s car last year. Like anyone else I was sceptical but after 12 months it does actually make a difference. The car never looks quite a shiny as it could but by the same token road dirt doesn’t stick to it. Park it up for a day or two and it looks cleaner. We left it at the airport for two weeks and when we got back it was sparkling. When I wash it, it only needs little more than a wipe over so yeah, ime it does work.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Superguard Treatment on a Car’ is closed to new replies.