Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Superficial Thrombophlebitis…anyone?
  • dirtydog
    Free Member

Evening all, about six weeks ago I noticed a small lump in the crease between my perinea and left upper thigh, right in the crease.

Goggle suggests its Superficial Thrombophlebitis (a blood clot) and it usually subsides itself after around six weeks, however rather than subside it seems to have got larger. I noted that after yesterdays ride that it has grown to around the size of a cashew nut and is now causing some mild discomfort (think riding might be out of the question for a while). Anyway, question is has anyone else had one, how lo g did it last and how did you get rid of it?
    Ta

BillOddie

It’s probably Cat AIDS.

scaredypants

Anyone running a book ?

Fiver on plague for me please

dirtydog
    Free Member

Would have thought more cyclists would have known/ heard or had it 😕

This place is usually full of doctors.

scaredypants

OK, thing about real docs is they’re a tad wary of this sort of thing as “sore lump in the groin” isn’t much to go on (amuse yourself and google that phrase). I’m not a real doc and I’m also sure as hell not going to tell you what’s wrong or how to fix it

IF your ediagnosis is correct, presumably we’re going to blame cycling for it ? (ie you have no other risk factors that google will have offered you for it and maybe you’ve had a heavy landing or two recently on your saddle)

IF so, then yeah, I imagine you’ll be staying off the bike for a bit and then I’d be maybe trying a different saddle or at least checking that it’s well set up currently

that said, I’m still going with plague

fruitbat

Clobber it with a big book……………. 😀

scaredypants

wow, I was wrong – a real expert with some proper advice !

does that work for any swellings in that general region, DrBat ?

dirtydog
    Free Member

@scardypants will be going docs, can’t ignore it. I’ve been using the same saddle/saddles for years and not had this before, dropped the nose before yesterday’s ride but didn’t really help, the damage has already been done.

Some funny comments though (as expected). 😀

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Cat zika?

MrPottatoHead

This really isn’t going to help much but the wife had something similar when she was pregnant caused by all the extra fluid and pressure. All cleared up within a few months of having the baby.

Assuming you aren’t pregnant, when did you last poo?

blader1611
    Free Member

“The wife had something similar when she was pregnant caused by all the extra fluid and pressure”. Nobody explained the bird and the bees to you did they 😀

Definatelt sounds like a trip to the docs OP.

LittleNose
    Free Member

Upon believing I could jump a little 12″ ramp while using flats, lost the bike, and landed with my shin on the studs… shin got infected, went doctors, they diagnosed thrombophlebitis, and sent me to hospital for a full leg scan, turned out that I had a DVT behind the knee too.

Go get it checked out, and mention you are worried it may be a DVT, you’ll go right to the front of the queue.

molgrips
    Free Member

Is that a real disease or something from a Roald Dahl book?

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘Superficial Thrombophlebitis…anyone?’ is closed to new replies.